Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all as you might have read I have a detreriating spine and will probably be in wheelchair in 5-10 yrs . need percocet to get out of bed in the morning . Anyhow , im setting up a 2 bike race team with the usuall race trck ( U-haul truck not biggest one . The second biggest one has compartment over the cab ford 1 ton dual wheel ) Racing Buell XB12R now 1420 and 1487cc . The bikes have the best parts money can buy from around the world most you cant even get here . SOME RACE PARTS : Engine stage 4 heads titanium retainers , Carrillo light weight rods ,lighened crank hardened cases , roller rckers , 729 lift cams, 2 inch ( yes 2 inch lol) Titanium hollow valves , wisco lightweight , short skirt forged pistons . forged peushrods , rockerarms , 51-5 bored hottle bodies , 19 row forced air oil cooler ( best inovation , not in us .Oil temps running on highway are only 150 degrees!!! 13.5:1 compression. Factory racing adjustable ECM factory racing fuel injection , factory racing fuel regulatoe . SUSPENSION: . Superbike OHLINS front forks and OHLINS racing rear shock . calibrated for 180lbs INCLUDING GEAR!! . BRAKING: FRONT$$$ .... Drumroll .... lol...ZTR CERAMIC front rotor with carbon 8 piston calipers (same buell brakes but in ceramic same company also as factory brakes .. CANNOT fade the brakes .. the hotter they get the better they work .... also STM slipper cltch a MUST with all the torque you NEED a slipper clutch for engine braking into corner . one bike has 630 /585 split timing and 11:1 compression the other 729 and 13.5:1 compression . .. the second bike might even top the 165- 130 mark the bottom end power comming off the corners is incredible . faster than my ZX!$ till the zx14 gets its legs under it . again 2nd bike even faster .... I dont mind a young rider but i do want dirt track experiance NOT motocross experiance . Motocross is a game of whos balls are bigger . But in motocross you can be a foot off line and get away with it . roadracing you cant especially this bike being so worked = not easy to ride . We will be running unlimited expert class ARSA/ccs series in millville nj nd Pocano international speedway ( high banks ) millville has 2 tracks at facility we might do trackday also in same weekend THIS ISNT BIGTIME RACING JUST FREE RIDE AND ALOT OF FUN . THE TEAM SHOULD GET ALOT OF ATTENTION BECAUSE BELEIVE IT OFR NOT IT WILL BE COMPETITIVE .POWER WISE WE CANT BEAT THE 4CYL BIKES ON TOP END -- NOT A CHANCCE -- BUT BOTTOM END AND MIDRANGE WE WILL HAVE THE ADVANTAGE. WE WILL ALSO HAVE A HANDLING ADVANTAGE IF RIDER IS GOOD WITH CORNER ENTRY-AGAIN HARD WITH ALL THE TORQUE/ENGINE BRAKEING . iMPORTANT THAT YOU LIVE IN pHILA AREA AND HAVE AMA RACING LICENCE .

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Irnieracing But i have found a racer . In fact a few lol. I needed someone who lived close due to my back being so bad (degenerating discs ) I was fortunate enough to get the last factory racing parts . ( fuel injection from Xbrr and adjustable ECM ) . The ... thinking ecm from Buell never realy worked correctly if used past an aftermarket pipe . The European 48mm racing headers , free flow intake, and the 19 row oil cooler where the Key ... The extra cooling allowed us to run 13.5 :1 compression and 729 lift cams . the Factory was actually interested in the project because the bike runs so strong . Lets put it this way .. on the bottom end it leaves my ZX14 behind lol.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
zxRacer Your always welcome to take the bike out if your in the area. Its actually worked out better than I ever imagined ! The bike is running real hard. Bottom end is massive . The factory was even getting involved before they shut down . Im shocked that no one ever though of the idea? I just worked on the stong points of the bike and gave in on th weak points ... The XB12R firebolts are the best handling bikes you can Buy ( unless the rsv4 aprilla or BMWs1000 are better but havent compared?) so I took the racing geometry that was given threw a GPR stabilizer and OHLINS superbike suspention front and rear . For the motor ? It a Sportster so ALL bottom end with 4 inch stroke forget RPM =set at 7000 ( go to 8000 a sportster engine will grenade) . give it super high lift cams (729) huge valves port , polish worked heads , high compression(13.5:1) ect ... a dragster motor then gear appropriatly ..Youll never beat the Japanese high tech motors at there own game . We Have better corner speed , massive bottom end drag race in the straits . Then they have to reel you in and then pass you to beat you to the next corner .

WhaT people have been doing is trying to take that Sportster motor and match the japanese horsepower with high rpm ( of course the engine blows up) WILL NEVER HAPPEN.. Use torque, thats what tractor motors are good for
BTW we did end up getting more toque and horsepower than the factory XBRR then again its the same motor just more displacement, bigger cams and higher compression lol(1800cc)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
My AMA card is from 98 and it was for dirt or I would love to do it. My last 2 bikes were Buells, awesome bikes

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weasel found a rider awhike back . guys whee killing each other for the job lol. we are using the Fiebolt chassis ohlins suspention . CustoM headers, exhaust, slipper clutch, on board telemetry like the GP/WSB are using Buell factory XBRR fuel injection system and what made the prject take off was 2 things. 1. invented a forced air oil cooler that hold about a full pint of oil cools the oil down to 200 degrees even at race speeds . @ instead of the XB engine we fitted the S&S harley Race motor ceramic bearings , stage 3 heads. the engine is what they use in the Harley drag race motors in which they are getting 235hp aT the rear wheel . we are detuning to 180-190 rwhp and 140-150 lbs of TQ so we OWN bottom end drives off the corners . For top end we installed the baker 6 speed tranny . Thats the short version lol more like a buell /harley GP bike . Best of the best . 60,000 worth at the moment .

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Weasel found a rider awhike back . guys whee killing each other for the job lol. we are using the Fiebolt chassis ohlins suspention . CustoM headers, exhaust, slipper clutch, on board telemetry like the GP/WSB are using Buell factory XBRR fuel injection system and what made the prject take off was 2 things. 1. invented a forced air oil cooler that hold about a full pint of oil cools the oil down to 200 degrees even at race speeds . @ instead of the XB engine we fitted the S&S harley Race motor ceramic bearings , stage 3 heads. the engine is what they use in the Harley drag race motors in which they are getting 235hp aT the rear wheel . we are detuning to 180-190 rwhp and 140-150 lbs of TQ so we OWN bottom end drives off the corners . For top end we installed the baker 6 speed tranny . Thats the short version lol more like a buell /harley GP bike . Best of the best . 60,000 worth at the moment .
Sounds like you will be killing them, good luck bro. Keep us posted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts