Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all of you that are computer able, i need help deciding on which one to buy. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. here is what i do on the computer. i use the internet (videos i.e. streetfire.net, youtube, on here), i use a webcam to communicate with other friends that are in other states, i store lots of pictures from my digital camera and then normal everyday things. i dont do video editing or watch DVD's on it. mainly just internet use and picture use. any suggestions would be awesome. thanks

brad
alteredzx-10

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
AMD F'sho!

you'll need a big hard drive...100GB or larger.

and at least 1GB of memory. Other'n that, youre good to go.

could find one new Im sure for less then 300. If you need a link or something, ping back and I'll post one tomorrow.

·
2,619 Posts
I would go here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/c/18/

Then type "dell" in the forum search window (with in "Hot Deals"). You can find a 2.8 dual core, 1 gig ram, 160 gig hd, 19 inch LCD for somewhere around 750 shipped. Less if you go the Dell AMD route & less if you dump the monitor.

Plus as of today anything purchased with a better OS than XP Home (media, pro, etc all qualify) gets a free Vista upgrade.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Back your proc speed back a little (2.4~) and save some $$. You need as much RAM as it'll hold (2GB would be nice), with Windows RAM covers a lot of the flaws of the OS. HD, 80~100 unless you have 10's of thousands of pic files, then bigger. Vid card is a given, at least 256 RAM on board (really takes the load off the motherboard). One thing you didn't mention is your connectivity. Cable, DSL, satellite, network?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Back your proc speed back a little (2.4~) and save some $$. You need as much RAM as it'll hold (2GB would be nice), with Windows RAM covers a lot of the flaws of the OS. HD, 80~100 unless you have 10's of thousands of pic files, then bigger. Vid card is a given, at least 256 RAM on board (really takes the load off the motherboard). One thing you didn't mention is your connectivity. Cable, DSL, satellite, network?
All he's doin is surfin the net! :eyecrazy:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the tornados were not even close to my location. nothing exciting happens around here except for some good rain storms.

when i am on the internet i use cable modem from comcast.

thanks for all the help and info i am a point and click guy. my computer knowledge is next for very little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts