Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Zx10r 2007

Votes: 7 87.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps, i have been riding for 6 years on the road with my full license and currently ride a 2011 er6f i have mad respect for the power of each bike and im a very sensible rider but of course at times go quicker that necessary, but would like some assistance as I am looking to purchase either a 2006 636 or a 2007 zx10r the zx10r is my dream bike and can get one for similar price to the 636 but i want some feed back on what people think i should do, jump to the dream bike or go through the chain and get the 636 before hand what do the more advanced riders believe i should do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to make a similar decision several years between a ZX6R and a ZX10R. I went with the ZX10R purely due to physical size. I’m 6’ tall. The ZX10R fit me better. For me, the extra power is overkill. However, I appreciate the extra torque navigating city traffic while commuting. I will never exploit the power. I believe the ZX6R is more usable on the street.

·
Registered
Gen3
385 Posts
A 600cc class sportsbike (ZX636R) will feel 'slower' than a streetbike (ER6f) for street use.
The 10R feels about similar to the ER6f, but beyond that, it can be unforgiving. (Read twice and be really careful with the 07 ZX10R).

To put that simpler, I'm referring to RPM-speed for each bikes, see below.

Other considerations include:
  • ergonomics: your weight
  • repair costs compared to 6F can double to quadruple, Gen1 10R chassis cracks, it's wheelie prone.
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
109 Posts
I owned a 05 636 and still own a 2016 Versys 650, which afaik is the same base engine as the ER6F/N, Z650 and Ninja 650. I would never say the 650s are faster than the 636. I don't know anything about the 07 zx10r.

The old 636 is exciting as fuck. Keep it above 8K revs and you have IMO the most exciting street bike. Ot is a handful. Its power delivery is not linear, and takes some getting used to. It blows the 650 kawasaki's away in a heartbeat, as long as you have the revs. The 650s IMO have a nice surge of torque in the 5K range of revs. They are fun. I was riding the versys harder in the city due to that surge, and because the versys is nicely quiet.

Both bikes can kill you if you sneeze. IMO get the bike you dream of, and ride it for the few years where it is still economically possible. Who knows how many years of cheap gas we have left.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
You've been riding for 6 years and if you've put on a lot of kilometers and gained experience just get the ZX10R.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have an '03 zx6rr for a track bike and a '12 zx10r for street riding. The 600 is fun at the track where you can actually rev it out and go somewhere but the 10r is just a far better all around bike. I have just over 61k miles on mine, i'm 6'2, 200 lbs and i can daily it, ride 400 miles in a day and still beat anything in traffic all while behaving when i need to. If you are open to it, i would suggest looking at one of the ninja bikes (650, 1000, etc) as they are much better for street bikes than a track focused 10r or 6r, depending on your riding style of course.

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
157 Posts
The Ninja 1000 is a more practical choice than either a ZX6R or a ZX10R. More torque down low and in midrange, more comfortable for long rides, wider gearing, costs less to insure than a ZX10R.

The main reasons I went with a 10R over a 6R is the ergonomics are a little better on the 10, more torque, and you can get them with tons of mods for relatively cheap. $9k for a Gen 4 ZX10R track bike vs $12k OTD for a new 6R.

Any reason you want the 07? It does have a cool undertail exhaust...the burnt orange looks so good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I jus bought a 07 10r with 20k on the odometer for $4500. I stripped her apart, changed the fairings, rewired the electrical (previous owner did some weird stuff) spark plugs, coolant flush with Blue ice and flash the ecu by Moore Mafia and some additional carbon parts from tekarbon. I love the power, and how light the 10r feels. Fastest liter I've ever ridden. Power is right there a 5000 rpms which allow for you to be defense on the road. I haven't had any issue with wheelies but I'm a very conscious where my throttle position is.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have an '09 6 for road and track, and a heavily-modified '07 10 for track only. The 10 can be intimidating, but the 6 is always fun, while being plenty fast enough to be exciting. I'd suggest the 600, but whatever you decided, ride safe and enjoy :)

Cheers from Oz,
Brian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts