Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad rides a 600 Suzuki bandit, and he was at the dealer today and he saw the same bike but a 1200 in excellent condition. He spoke to a salesperson and they told him he can trade in his bike and give them 1200 dollars extra. Both bikes are the same year with same amont of miles. He called me for advice but I was unable to give him any that is usable so hopefully you guys in here can help me out.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Not sure what you are asking? The same bike with the same miles same year for $1200 hundred? He can trade his bike in + 1200 and can have the other (exact same bike)? = No deal. Now if you said he can get a 1200cc bike for his bike and 1200 than I would run the vin# on carfax and make sure it isn't salvaged than would think about it. but 600cc's up is a huge change point. LOL not to mention relatives don't let relatives buy more Suzuki! LOL

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
So my dad rides a 600 Suzuki bandit, and he was at the dealer today and he saw the same bike but a 1200 in excellent condition. He spoke to a salesperson and they told him he can trade in his bike and give them 1200 dollars extra. Both bikes are the same year with same amont of miles. He called me for advice but I was unable to give him any that is usable so hopefully you guys in here can help me out.
I have owned both. I learned on and bought a 600 and after a year got a 1200. late 90's. IMHO tell your dad to get an SV650 instead. A trade and 1200 bucks and he will be way happier on an SV. My .02:eek:ccasion1

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is looking at a bandit 1200cc and now owns a bandit 600cc, the dealer wants him to trade his 600cc in plus $1200 extra for the 1200cc bike. Hope that helps. On the suzuki thing, my dad is a stubborn SOB so there is no room for change there.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
He is looking at a bandit 1200cc and now owns a bandit 600cc, the dealer wants him to trade his 600cc in plus $1200 extra for the 1200cc bike. Hope that helps. On the suzuki thing, my dad is a stubborn SOB so there is no room for change there.
is it a reputable dealer? What kind of miles are you talking about? Maybe a history of problems for both bikes can be researched depending on the miles. :dontknow: Did he ask the dealer why he would trade a 600 for a 1200cc bike and give him money?

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I guess I'm a shi**y typerwriter. The dealer wants my dad to pay them $1200 plus his 600cc bandit. They both have about 8k miles.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Sorry I guess I'm a shi**y typerwriter. The dealer wants my dad to pay them $1200 plus his 600cc bandit. They both have about 8k miles.
Ok, that makes much more sense....what year are the bikes?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Almost 99.8 ah hell 100% of the time dealers are out to make the best deal they can.......for themselves. They don't normally give anything away or make a mistake and go damn I gave that away. What was it that Mike Brady taught Greg when he bought that piece o' shit car?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
600 Bandit is not worth much , 1200 Bandit on the other hand is a fantastic motorcycle, the motor is based on the GSXR1100N air/oil cooled and is very tuneable , 20 horses just from a slip on is quite easy...good bike, and a wheelie monster too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts