Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put new bulbs in each side of my 2004 headlight assembly, and when I went to reassemble it the next day, I was missing a piece.

I think I must have swept it up, but anyway, I'm sure it's gone.

I went to Kawi to see about ordering a new one, but for some odd reason it's not on the fiche diagram at all. The parts people have never seen something like this before.

It's a small metal clip that I liken to an oversized paper-clip, that holds the bulb into the housing.

Here's a pic of the other side.

Has anyone else ever had to track one of these down?

D'ya think they might be the same for other Ninja models or years?

Any advice would be appreciated...thanks!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have a busted-beyond-repair headlight they could spare the clip from?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Are you talking about the metal clip that holds the bulb in? Cuz if so I know I have one around here somewhere. I'll dig it up, saw it earlier so it can't be too far. Pay for postage and it yours.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,230 Posts
It's not on the fiche, because you can't buy it separately. It's part of the headlight assembly and must buy the entire headlight as one unit to get the bulb retainer. So your only option is to find one off a wrecked/used unit.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well, I lied. Sorry man, the one I have is for something different and I don't think it will work. Someone is bound to have one laying around though.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the metal clip that holds the bulb in? Cuz if so I know I have one around here somewhere. I'll dig it up, saw it earlier so it can't be too far. Pay for postage and it yours.
That would be fantastic!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not on the fiche, because you can't buy it separately. It's part of the headlight assembly and must buy the entire headlight as one unit to get the bulb retainer. So your only option is to find one off a wrecked/used unit.
I think you're right...pretty crazy, isn't it?

Hundreds of dollars for a clip that probably costs 35 cents.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'll keep looking because I should have 2 from when I did a projector swap, I just can't seem to find them. I'm hoping they didn't go in the trash with old glue and electrical tape.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Found them!

Reactions: Afterburner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts