Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it mandatory to put a thinner head gasket and degree cams and also mess with the timing when putting on a full system? I would like the xtra hp but dont have the xtra $$$$, wouldn't the hp be comparable with a slip on, tuned with a pc, and a disconnected exhaust valve???? I wouldn't be getting my pipe until next riding season but would like to have my mind made up before then.........any advice is appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
saki10man said:
is it mandatory to put a thinner head gasket and degree cams and also mess with the timing when putting on a full system? I would like the xtra hp but dont have the xtra $$$$, wouldn't the hp be comparable with a slip on, tuned with a pc, and a disconnected exhaust valve???? I wouldn't be getting my pipe until next riding season but would like to have my mind made up before then.........any advice is appreciated!!!!
No-thinner gasket
No-degree cams
N0-timing
No-comparable power

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight, so if I want the power full system, pc and tuned is it, would I need a TRE with that???

·
Registered
158 Posts
I personaly do not like the TRE, and NO you do not need it. The full system with teh PCIII will give you good power. I suggest reading some of the other threads to gain some more knowledge

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I lost 3 lb-ft of torque and gained .04 hp when I went from a s/o to a f/s. If you don't plan on racing or doing other mods, save youself the $$ and get a s/o.

·
Registered
158 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I lost 3 lb-ft of torque and gained .04 hp when I went from a s/o to a f/s. If you don't plan on racing or doing other mods, save youself the $$ and get a s/o.

Mods list would help?
Type of exhaust, PCIII or no
and was that tuned "professionaly"

He wants PCIII and from previous posts, the general consensus is that with a tuned map the full system has substantial power gains

But i do agree, for the money, you can not beat a S/O pipe. Good power and torque gains.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
snoopnoon said:
Mods list would help?
Type of exhaust, PCIII or no
and was that tuned "professionaly"

He wants PCIII and from previous posts, the general consensus is that with a tuned map the full system has substantial power gains

But i do agree, for the money, you can not beat a S/O pipe. Good power and torque gains.
Muzzy s/s header & mid-pipe, Ti can, factory pro velocity stacks, BMC street, pcIII usb that had a custom map with the s/o. Soon will be nitrous, thin head gasket, degreed cams.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I have akra slip on ,air box sealed,timing advanced,pcIII with custom map by pro-line , exhaust valve wired open & BMC air filter got 159 h.p. & 78.6 ft lbs torque on the dyno. Hope this info helps

·
Registered
158 Posts
treyzx10r said:
I have akra slip on ,air box sealed,timing advanced,pcIII with custom map by pro-line , exhaust valve wired open & BMC air filter got 159 h.p. & 78.6 ft lbs torque on the dyno. Hope this info helps

I have never been one to compare dyno numbers to other dyno numbers.. I believe a dyno should be used as a tuning device only, and only should be comparative if using the same dyno.
Did y ou get a baseline before y our mods? because all taht.. and i dynoed on my local dyno 154 horse with no mods, which compared to yours is only five horsepower.. but i truely belive if i were to dyno on yours that i would be in teh 14X range

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:eek2: :eek2: damn that micron is nice.........luv nators' too check his out looks sweet on his bike......black to blue fade..............nice exhaust tho' but damn the bike is even hotter :eek2:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like how the akra slip-on looks...i dont race just ride with my boys for fun so I dont really think I will need alot of hp mods, bike has more than enough power especially when i only weigh 135lbs..... :crybaby2:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Nope. I never liked the fit after i shortened it. Due to the highmount location my foot hit the mid pipe when riding. Plus i wanted carbon fiber to go along with the other c/f pieces on the bike. I still recommend that can though as i got many compliments on it.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Now micron openly admitted to me that there slipons were only good for like 2 or 3 HP the teck even said "yea we suck" lol i dont know what other slip ons do but hey...

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
snoopnoon said:
I have never been one to compare dyno numbers to other dyno numbers.. I believe a dyno should be used as a tuning device only, and only should be comparative if using the same dyno.
Did y ou get a baseline before y our mods? because all taht.. and i dynoed on my local dyno 154 horse with no mods, which compared to yours is only five horsepower.. but i truely belive if i were to dyno on yours that i would be in teh 14X range
baseline was 150.6 h.p. &75.0 ft lbs torq. and that is exactky what we used the dyno for tuning , it really smoothed out the curve . agreed each dyno is different. I also shortened the akra silencer by 2.78 inches. Vinnie at Proline Race Preparation has the map if anybody is intrested his #(407)-679-7223

1 - 20 of 37 Posts