Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking to pick up a track bike and have a line on a 2002 GSXR-600. I have seen the bike and it has been down a time or two. Sounds good, is rideable, and I am taking it for a spin tomorrow hopefully. What concerns me is there are a couple of dents on the frame from the previous crash. Since it is to be a track bike I do not care about the cosmetics.

The seller has agreed to let me take it to a mechanic beforehand to have it checked out before buying which I will definitely take him up on. He seems like a straight up guy but I was not born yesterday.

I can probably get it for under $3K which seems like a decent deal to me, but am concerned about frame damage. On average what is the cost for frame checking/straightening?

I will not pull the trigger prematurely but feel this is a decent deal for my area (Northern CA is expensive) and if I can negotiate with the guy while budgeting for frame work then I can get it over and done with without spending a fortune on pre-sale mechanical inspections and the like. <-- sorry for the run-on sentence.

Thanks in advance!

Oh and if somebody nearby is selling a track bike without suspicious damage, let me know...:cool:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Check with Greg at AEC Cycle if he can help you. AEC Cycle has great service.

AEC Cycle
3225 Elkhorn Blvd
North Highlands, CA 95660
(916) 338-4225

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

AEC Cycle
3225 Elkhorn Blvd
(916) 338-4225
Sweet! Thanks. I am actually buying it close to there.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

AEC Cycle
3225 Elkhorn Blvd
(916) 338-4225
Thanks for the reference. Just spoke with Greg and he is going to hook me up. Nice guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts