Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

What bike should i get my girlfriend on???

• 05/06 and up 600cc

Votes: 60 70.6%
  • 05/06 and up 1000cc

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my girlfriend brought up something i would never hear from her... she's interested in buying a bike... our collective idea is that we could possibly get 2 bikes from the stealership and get a damn good deal... i already know that i want a 10r, and i've found an 06 for 9,700 OTD. My problem is what bike to start her out on. she's ridden my 03 r1 before like a champ, several times... I think she would be able to handle riding a 600 sport bike, gsx-r or a 6r. well she thinks that a 600 would be good 4 her, but she would get used to it too fast or something like that. so my question is... do i point her towards a newer 600 or a newer 1000??? mind you this will be her first bike, but definetly not the first one she's ever ridden. she went thru the riding course and got her liscence same day that i did.:dontknow: And yes she has a car as her main vehicle.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does she already have a license? If not can you borrow a bike that will be more forgiving when she does take the test? If you cant borrow one I would suggest something with a more upright seating position. I have seen alot of women fail there test on sportbikes due to lack of skills.

As we all know sportbikes are supposed to be ridden by people with skills. :crackup: :heyyou:

·
Registered
67 Posts
My wife rides my 10 (R) to but she started out on a 2000 cbr 600 then went to a 2003 zx636, not much of a jump but, It is a lot cheaper for a few year old bike that she might not ride alot. Plus god forbid she crashes your not out a ton of money for a new bike.

Just my thoughts!!

see ya

rev

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
shenanigans said:
and she will never beat you in a race :crackup:
Unless you two are on a tight track and she gets REAL use to the handling.. those 600's rip turns insanely

·
Registered
393 Posts
I say get an sv650, ninja 650 or a 5 or 6 year old 600. Sorry these new 600's are not begginner bikes (maybe the non race-replicas like the fzr600 are okay). They used to be, but the engineering has gotten to the point that these are too much for a begginner. I dont think anyone should get on a 1000 that hasnt put many miles on a single 600 they road. Flip floping between bikes just shows out know how to control the throttle in controlled situations, it's the emergencies that's where real skill comes out on the street. :helmet:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SDave2002 said:
Does she already have a license? If not can you borrow a bike that will be more forgiving when she does take the test? If you cant borrow one I would suggest something with a more upright seating position. I have seen alot of women fail there test on sportbikes due to lack of skills.

As we all know sportbikes are supposed to be ridden by people with skills. :crackup: :heyyou:
yeap she's got her liscense, and she's dead serious about getting a bike... so i support her choice

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imbob05 said:
I say get an sv650, ninja 650 or a 5 or 6 year old 600. Sorry these new 600's are not begginner bikes (maybe the non race-replicas like the fzr600 are okay). They used to be, but the engineering has gotten to the point that these are too much for a begginner. I dont think anyone should get on a 1000 that hasnt put many miles on a single 600 they road. Flip floping between bikes just shows out know how to control the throttle in controlled situations, it's the emergencies that's where real skill comes out on the street. :helmet:
she wants to buy one BRAND new... with zero miles. lol, she's about like me, she hates used stuff.... its all good tho

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
600! when she feels she's out growing the bike. take her to some twisties or track day and that will put her in check. i'm about 6ft 250lbs and my last bike was a new 99 r6 and i swear on my fathers grave that 3 years later when i sold it. i was still trying to grow into that bike. and i could keep up with the bigger bikes just fine. it's not like you guys are going to be riding at top speed everywhere you go. the 600 will be plenty..................................

1 - 20 of 57 Posts