Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So Kawasaki is liquidating these bike in Spain and what was 20 grand is now 16. Will probably purchase one of these beasts.

Can you guys leave me some advice or comments?

I'm a bit scared about the 200cv. I come from a ducati 899 I lost in an accident to a careless driver. My bike had 150cv and it was enough. Not sure what to do with so much power. I know about the power levels but not sure how the bike runs with those settings.

Any who, I am a bit scared with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
16.000 euros, you have to buy that mate :grin2: Do not worry about the power my friend, the ZX10R is very clever around town below 6-7000 rpm it is similar in delivery to your 899 but when you want to fly its all there where you want it :wink2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friend buy the zx10r it's an actual time machine!! Just last week I cracked the throttle on mine and ended up 10 miles down the interstate in 30 seconds! Lol. No seriously what I machine though omg!!! It's so dam fast especially after a few particular parts and a proper tune! You will love it, I do suggest an aftermarket rearset, I went with vortex because they offer a lower peg height which on the gen5 they are way way up high!! Good luck just be careful it's a proper proper fast machine mate!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cagill, you don't have issues with scraping the pegs if they are lower? as is I had the shift knob pad beveled at stock height oem rearsets on my 18. my friend has same issue with his 17 rr. to the op, just leave the ktrac on level 3 and you should be fine. worst case set to lower power level, but know this, it still doesn't neuter the bike much around town or in lower rpm as much as limits top end from what I noticed the very few times I botherd to see how it acted on lower power settings. enough I only tried it twice but still very peppy, take it easy and don't outride yourself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts