Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, chic i meet at work today rides, she is looking for a good local mechanic, she doesn't like the dealership she used last so i figured you boys would know best. Any recommendations?

Grassy Ass!!

·
Banned
125 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
Guys, chic i meet at work today rides, she is looking for a good local mechanic, she doesn't like the dealership she used last so i figured you boys would know best. Any recommendations?

Grassy Ass!!

Is there something currently wrong with her bike or is she just looking for a mechanic for future work?

·
Registered
250 Posts
where in socal? i know of a guy in oceanside that does great work. he used to build race motors and he really knows his $hit. he got my 01 6R dialed in. his name is kurt jordan and he can be reached at 760 758 6996. hope this helps......

·
Registered
696 Posts
I know a guy up in the SF Valley who has been doing recent work for me and is pretty good-

Crago Racing
Van Nuys, CA
818-782-2560

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Sounds to me like she wants to know if you can work on it???? Maybe a quick change of the oil? Look past the obvious questions! LOL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bonz said:
Sounds to me like she wants to know if you can work on it???? Maybe a quick change of the oil?

:+1: damm rick just gets to LA and already trying to score on the bunnies…good luck with that. :helmet:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you guys crack my shit up, i'll pass it along to her!! she needs some work done now and for the future. ya, i told her about the socal forum also and for her to join up.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, any info you got madness throw it my way!

·
Registered
250 Posts
mrlopez said:
Hey motojay81, does the guy in oceanside does custom mapping by any chance?:thumbsup:
actually, it's been a while since i've had work done by him. he did an excellent job on my 01 6R which had carbs....he does have a dyno in house and i'd bet that he does custom maps..i just haven't had the money to hit him up with the ten yet...give him a call, can't hurt...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i haven't moved anywhere yet, i am staying in san pedro right now which is a bit of a haul to work but hopefully i'll have a pad before or right after the race next week.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know, haven't been partial to anywhere yet exept the "rougher" areas, it seems i have been everywhere within about 15miles of LAX to look for an apt that has a private enclosed garage and thats like finding a needle in a hay stack!! if you find them they are either a POS or taken. i have burned 2 tanks of gas in the acura since last tues just looking around. i am about to say F it and have Older Guy get me my loan setup and just buy a damn house.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Advanced Kawi..yes its a dealer but they do good work.

if its simple stuff I can do it..but what city is she in?

Whos going to willow this weekend?? i'm leaving Saturday around 530am and coming back Sunday.

·
Registered
770 Posts
did you try searching craigslist yet? or westside rentals.com, or southbayrentals.com???

If you'd like to be introduced to Angeles crest this weekend, I might be able to go Saturday morning...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
been on craigslist, just joined westside rentals and so far i have found 3 possibles out of like 1000 that matched. well if it doesnt include riding since i dont have my bike at the moment i am down.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts