Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this thread has been discussed numerous times, and iv'e read most of the old ones. anyways my question is this.. i just removed the catalytic converter from the stock pipe and im going to home depot to buy s large drill bit, so i can drill holes in the x plate. with this done now, should i disconnect the cables for the exhaust valve or leave them connected??

any advice would help.

·
Registered
158 Posts
tjvtsportsman said:
i know this thread has been discussed numerous times, and iv'e read most of the old ones. anyways my question is this.. i just removed the catalytic converter from the stock pipe and im going to home depot to buy s large drill bit, so i can drill holes in the x plate. with this done now, should i disconnect the cables for the exhaust valve or leave them connected??

any advice would help.
There is no evidence either way concerning the exhaust valve at the moment. Nobody can prove that it helps, or hinders performance, as far as i know anyways. Mine is left in working condition. The main thing I think why peopel remove them, is the fact that the valve sometimes does not operate correctly.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i guess i'll just experiment with it. did u guys drill through the x plate like im about to do, and if so how big of a hole did u make.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts