Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a line on a motor for a 91-95 zx7?I've got a 94 that I've been restoring and found out today that the motor that was in it is trashed.Long story short,the guy I bought/traded it from got it from another guy,that "revved it to 8 or 9 grand popped the clutch" and slammed it down on the engine case.Well Nate(freind of mine taking it apart,used to work for Attack Yamaha)said that the force of the blow knocked the bottom case a little over and bound up #4 & 5 main journels and in which clogged up the oil pick up so starved the top end!!!!!:rolleyes:
So.......a motor from a 91-95 zx7 should work.Motor only had 12,000 miles on it.He also said that a set of frame sliders probably would've helped!!!!Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
well i've got a completely race/track prepped 94 7r in my garage with a spare engine case on the bench...bike is still damn fast...i'm not katoom fast but i can turn consist 140's at california speedway riding level 3/race group...i get a real kick passing guys on the track with bikes 14 years newer...lol...be willing to let it go for 2,500.00 complete with two extra sets of rear plastics, extra engine case, and two boxes of misc extra parts ie levers, rearsets, sprockets, clutch baskets etc...but its a little far for you...prob cheaper for you to just rebuild what you've got...good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damnit!!!!!It would be nice to have 2 7's!!!!I just found a set of cases yesterday but,thanks anyway.Did you do anything extra to your motor?Tha guy that is going to rebuild my motor kinda went over some options with me.I think I just want something nice to ride with a little extra......maybe!!!!
This 94 is pretty much a resto right now.It's sitting in boxes in my garage right now.i just got the frame painted last Saturday!!!!!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
...two stage jet kit, full yosh exhaust, 520 chain, racetech forks, and a penske rear shock, otherwise thats about it...its lighter of course with just the race plastic but it still has the good ole heavy stock rims and of course that solid frame that keeps me stable in the wind even at willow springs.. :thumbsup: ....good luck and have fun...sounds like a great winter project.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Yep I still have my 97' 7r and my wife is really complaining about me having it too. I told her I want to track it, but I just haven't had time to get out there yet. I've had about 3 people tell me they are going to buy it, but I never follow up on it. It's just looks so pretty sitting there. Plus I take it out every now and then, and the other guys, with there newer bikes, swear I have all kind of work to it. I told them, it just handles that damn good. I still ain't use to the 10r just yet, it still scares me, and feel so much more confident on the 7r.

·
Registered
351 Posts
how much are you looking to spend.
try to get a zx9r motor, they fit with little or no mod. that would be alot better, check redmonkey.com/7r. they have a lot of info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts