Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw the how to on the sato sets on the how to page and figured i could mirrow that to get my vortex rearsets hooked up, but i cant find anything on to hook up the banjo bolt for my brake lights.... anybody know where i can find directions.... went to the website and that wasn't any help... i noticed on the stock switch theres a spring and something else on the stocks but no where on the vortex..... any help is appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
You need to cut those wire and install supplied female. Splice and crimp it to those wires. Before you plug it make sure the banjo pressure switch is bolted and you're done bleeding the brakes before you plug those wires.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
The Vortex rear sets do not reuse that spring. The pressure switch threads into the top of the master cylinder. Then you have to wire it to the factory brake switch plug.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
you won't need a spring, the pressure switch has an internal spring that will return it to the "off" position when the brake is released. install the banjo bolt as you normally would then hook up the wires from the switch to the OEM wiring harness. easy peasy.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool.... thanks for all of the help... im going to mess with this this weekend when i change out my brakelines....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts