Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I installed a Hot Bodies undertail, where it required a relocating of the locking cable for the rear seat / cowel. This new relocation had the cable bent in such a way with some tension on it that caused it to pop out of the slot connecting it to the actual lock release mechanism.

So now my seat is stuck and I cant see the locking mechanism to pick it, and I can't get in there to re-attach the cable.

So what I need is a picture of the locking mechanism (with the seat off) where the cable end sits into the locking mechanism / release.

The hope is if I can at least see it and visualize it in my mind I can try and pick it by feel.

Thanx in advance fellas!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I figured an easy way to remove the rear seat without a key.

Take a long skinny screwdriver and stick it between the seat and the plastic side cowling and push it against the latch as shown in the picture.

I was able to do it with the seat on after a couple of tries.

In fact, it is pretty easy. There is plenty of gap between the seat and the cowling to slide the screwdriver in thru.

This is done from the right side of the bike. When you start pushing on the latch you can feel it is spring loaded so be ready to pull off the seat after you feel the spring compress.
Perfect! Thanx for your efforts. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
That hotbodies undertail will become hell over time. I had one and took it off and threw it to the garage floor after a month riding with it. It didn't line up right and would allow a lot of water in my tail if I happened to get caught in the rain, which I did and it almost broke in half. Make sure to mount that thing right or you will have 100 problems. But good luck!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
That hotbodies undertail will become hell over time. I had one and took it off and threw it to the garage floor after a month riding with it. It didn't line up right and would allow a lot of water in my tail if I happened to get caught in the rain, which I did and it almost broke in half. Make sure to mount that thing right or you will have 100 problems. But good luck!!
:+1: can't speak from experience... but everything i've ever heard of them tell's me to stay away...

best of luck getting the seat off though - magicmavis is the man.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah man hotbodies I stay far far away from now...They have slapped it to me twice so I learned my leason...Once with a full set of race fairings which were made by kids in china and duck taped together, thats how poor the quality was, then second with my undertail too. Both I got at the same time just came on different dates...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Yeah man hotbodies I stay far far away from now...They have slapped it to me twice so I learned my leason...Once with a full set of race fairings which were made by kids in china and duck taped together, thats how poor the quality was, then second with my undertail too. Both I got at the same time just came on different dates...
yep ive had horribile experience with this Hot Bodies Under tail :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts