Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking the 10 to the track for the first time this month and I need race tires. I was thinking the 208GPA JLBs that have been touted. Anyone have a deal on these? If not, then perhaps the Pirelli race tires.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Try the 190/55 setup. It's very nice!

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
I belive the GP-A is a 190/60, and requires chain lengthening. I know pirelli has a 190/55 supercorsa though.

later...Ara-mri

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I ran the 190/55 BT002's last year and they were very, very impressive. I would easily run Diablo's too though...

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I belive the GP-A is a 190/60, and requires chain lengthening. I know pirelli has a 190/55 supercorsa though.

later...Ara-mri
The standard GP-A is the 180/55. Dunlop has brought out a 190/60 now, too. However, it is generally sold only through race supply and not through standard retail.

I've been looking for a source for the 190/60. If you can get them, Ara, please let me know. I'd like to get one to try out.

·
Registered
442 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
The standard GP-A is the 180/55. Dunlop has brought out a 190/60 now, too. However, it is generally sold only through race supply and not through standard retail.

I've been looking for a source for the 190/60. If you can get them, Ara, please let me know. I'd like to get one to try out.
yea.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My racer buddy contacted his tire supplier to get his tires (Michelin guy), and he put me on the phone with him. He recommended the Pilot Power and gave me a good deal. I suppose I'll give them a try. At least I won't have to take them off going back to the street. I'm not a pro, so they'll likely be OK. If not, I'll try the Pirellis.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Pilot Powers are good tires, you should have some fun on those.

As for the 190/60 GP-A, yes we can get them, as well as Dunlop slicks, if any of you guys are interested. Give us a call if you need these tires, as they are special order only.

later...Ara-mri

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
CanyonCarver said:

If you ask me, no you don't. Unless you are a suspensoin guru, you'll be in way over you head with instability.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i should try and take those 190/60 gpas from my friends tl

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
If you ask me, no you don't. Unless you are a suspensoin guru, you'll be in way over you head with instability.
Lucky for me, then, that I just received my "Suspensoin Guru" certification in the mail this week. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts