Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking to do this for a long time and finally got to do it!

Went to Sacrament race way 4-17-2010. 1st time ever at 1/4mile track. I know the bike can run, but can I:dontknow::crackup:

hope pic aint too big.:crackup:

Bike is 06 pearl yellow ZX10, stock motor, few mods: K/N filter, smog removed, cats gutted, shortned D/N Carbon pipes, -1/+2 gearing, no pc or special tuning. dynoed at 155 hp. spedo healer, atre/gear indicator.

Met some get guys there , couple zx10.net members, too.
Sorry bad with names, but one had a orange 05 zx10, a cool wrapped red an blk zx14, and another local guy running an 06 gsxr100.

Made a lot of mistakes, took a while to get the hange of it but all in all it was a great nite. made about 9 runs.

didn't look to win just wanted to get some experience, make a good pass and run a 10s pass. Mission accomplished:hello::eek:ccasion1

:crackup::crackup: Lots of laughfter along the way.

the bad:
couldn't do a decent burn out:crackup:
cut bad lights, :headshake bogged the bike, missed shifts ect.

the good:
finally did a decent burn out:idea:
cut a decent light, mad a few good runs
learned a lot, and will be going back

finally go 3 good runs. One no slip printer malfunctiol:dontknow::crackup:
best time of the night: (red light) but great time. For me any way
I1 1.700
I2 4.780
I3 7.137 Mph 106.99
I4 9.133
ET 10.836 Mph 135.02

best clean run
rect: .237
I1 2.026
I2 5.075
I3 7.341 mph 111.479
ET 10.905 MPH 140.075

Thanks again guys. i gotta long way to go but i'll be back again.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ohh yeah one last note:

$35.00 to run

$20.00 in gas to track, run, & Ride home

acomplishing what i wanted 1st time at track PRICELESS!!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh there was a down side!! came back to start line and my blue back pack was gone. ??? not much in it but my mirros and thermal head gear. long cold, sightless ride home. didn't realize how much i actuall used those mirrors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Casper,

I met you at the track while we were racing. I am the one with the skulled zx14. Sorry to hear about your bag. But it was fun as hell. The other guy with the zx10 was 1killer1liter. We will be back in May.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. Ihope to be there. Hope fully I can get some wensdays in before then. I got a lot to work on.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Having good times is all about!! what were the rest of the kawi brothers running?
:+1:

Sorry Casper I didn't make it out and sorry Jeremy(1killer1litter) as well, I heard you called my house and knew it was about going racing but guys I was up to my neck in fixing the car this weekend. I got my fix the Wed. before so I wasn't upset I missed the event. I will try in May though.:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ohh there was a down side!! came back to start line and my blue back pack was gone. ??? not much in it but my mirros and thermal head gear. long cold, sightless ride home. didn't realize how much i actuall used those mirrors.
Forgot about this, normally track guys are pretty cool but some of those car guys bring with them some shaddy people. I never heard of a problem there with theft but next time ask Jeremy or any of the motorcycle guys out there with a truck if you can leave your back pack in the bed or truck during your passes.:wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Having good times is all about!! what were the rest of the kawi brothers running?
For me that was my first time out at that track with my new setup. I got 6 passes all night. Best one so far was a [email protected] on motor. My 60 ft was a 1.50. I was told I had the best 60ft of the night apparently. All I know is I would like to see a 9.20 and a 1.37 60ft out of her before I am finished this summer. Practice Practice Practice:helmet:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot about this, normally track guys are pretty cool but some of those car guys bring with them some shaddy people. I never heard of a problem there with theft but next time ask Jeremy or any of the motorcycle guys out there with a truck if you can leave your back pack in the bed or truck during your passes.:wink:
Didn't think it would be a problem as i didn't have much in the bag. It was an old hydro pack that I had gaterade in an was drinking from an placing by the fench all nite. I was the last bike to run an i think only 2 0r 3 cars ran after i did. hung out an talked to Bottlefed & 1killer1liter after my last run. Actually almost forgot about it and was leaving track. Had to stop an go back. thought one of the track workers mita picked it up and put it away? Every one was pretty much gone when i got back to start line. its ok. Still was a fun nite:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a great nite for me. learned what i need to do for next time. Accomplished what i wanted to do on my 1st time running at track:hello::eek:ccasion1

Meet some great and helpful people.:+1::+2:

I will definately do it again.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
How far are you from bakersfield? I usually go there for test and tune but planning on going again to sac for awed night T&T!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Were coming back up May 8th for the Grudgefest. Would like to seem of of you fellas there. Casper you in? I know Jeremy (1killer1liter) will be there with me. And we are bringing another friend up with a zx14. Should be good times.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How far are you from bakersfield? I usually go there for test and tune but planning on going again to sac for awed night T&T!
About 2 hours. I',m in manteca. Tying to get some wensdays off now to get more track time. Usually of on fri/sat. Lot cheaper to run on wensdays tho. LOL

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Were coming back up May 8th for the Grudgefest. Would like to seem of of you fellas there. Casper you in? I know Jeremy (1killer1liter) will be there with me. And we are bringing another friend up with a zx14. Should be good times.
Yeah I'm in as of now. Long as work schedule doesn't change.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah I'm in as of now. Long as work schedule doesn't change. Do you rember name or website for guy that's puttin on race events? Eastcoast dragracing or something like that.:dontknow:??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I'm in as of now. Long as work schedule doesn't change. Do you rember name or website for guy that's puttin on race events? Eastcoast dragracing or something like that.:dontknow:??
Off the top of my head I cant remember but I do know it was Westcoast. I did get in touch with the other guy that was there racing on his GSXR. He will be there in May as well. He knows that guy your speaking of so I am sure he can give you that info on the drag schedule.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Off the top of my head I cant remember but I do know it was Westcoast. I did get in touch with the other guy that was there racing on his GSXR. He will be there in May as well. He knows that guy your speaking of so I am sure he can give you that info on the drag schedule.
http://sacramentoraceway.com/

choose Calendar it's should be all there.

bloo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts