Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a close call accelerating from a stop sign, caused a full on tank slapper and left me with bruises on both calves. The bike got almost completely sideways, thankfully the steering damper helped me ride it out.:badteeth:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Good job keepin it up I always worry about those! Be safe:thumbsup:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
lol!!!

glad to hear the you made it out with a few bruises. i have to get my damper revalved asap. bcus the stock damper is just there for show it helps very little.
Take the stock damper off and see how it feels. It does help some if on full stiff. I had my stocker re-valved to race spec and now I have it 6-7 clicks from full stiff and it's more than enough. Best $125 I spent considering I've had insane bar shake on nitrous when my front wheel decided to try and follow a weird crack in the street/ black top. I thought the bars were gonnna rip out of my hands. That was WITH the new re-valved unit.
Ride a Gen1 10R w/no damper and you will see that the stock Ohlins damper on gen2/3 that alot of people say doesn't do anything actually does help noticeably. Not fanatstic, but it does help. I rode my Gen2 ONCE with no damper and I did not like it at all.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Filth and muck!!! :headshake Glad ya lived to tell us about that!! Skeery shit!!! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you made it ok, now you can go home and clean that nasty bike up.:wink:
She's a driver, I ride too much to keep her clean. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts