Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend found this from last year when I was last at the track. This was at NCBIKE in November of 2013. I was trying to pass my two friend coming out of the last turn at NCBIKE and the reason I hit the cones is because they moved over to pass someone else and I had no where to go. I am the green bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Rw7lz079o

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was in Second and then it came down when I shifted to third. I was probably close to 100 mph. The second one scared me at how fast it came up. I got a black flag for the cones.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only got flagged for spreading cones all over the track. You can see them flying in the air.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Don't rely on electronics. If you fed the throttle on it would have lifted the front gradually and then when you shifted into 3rd you would have carried a small wheelie and gotten a much better drive and been passed that guy before the cones.

Th gen4 would have cut your power and ruined your drive twice from doing two wheelies in 2nd before you even shifted into 3rd where it would have cut the power again.

Ham fisting will get you nowhere fast.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Looks like you waited too long, until the bike is up right, to transition onto the throttle. Like dricked was saying, if you gradually fed the throttle once you saw your apex, kept off the bike, and opened her up as you upped the bike, you'd have passed him before the cones.

Still a good show. Lol

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a hairpin so I am normally completely leaned over at the apex. Last time I got on the throttle too early I went off into the grass. I may see if I can figure a way to Apex a little early or later.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
In a tight hairpin you'll be on the gas JUST after the apex and again it's smooth on the throttle. The less you have to back out of it to keep the front down the faster you'll exit. Or just drag the rear brake but that's a tricky skill.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Drag the rear brake... to keep the front down? Damn these mind boggling techniques

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yessir. On my Gsxr I put a ton of pressure on the rear brake to exit a 1st gear hairpin while trying to go full throttle. I slowly release the brake until I'm mostly through 3rd where I can completly let off. Try to let off before that and it's wheelie city or small amounts of throttle. This is why I'm going to try a thumb brake, it's easier to operate while leaned over. Mess it up though and you'll just lock the rear and either slide out or highside when you let it go.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll try it next weekend. When it comes up slowly and no one cuts me off I just enjoy the wheelie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts