Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess this the Official Lebron J thread....Will he now win an NBA Title now that he left his City to Join Wade and Bosh?......can't wait for next Season. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's gonna be ruff watching that gold getting melted by extreme Heat! lol j/k

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
It's good to see that the Cleveland owner took it all so well.......

I wish the Heat would have kept Beasley, but I guess they needed the cash.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Remember back in the days every team for the most part had 1 superstar. Miami is going to be a fun team to watch, normally with big names like that I would be worried about chemistry but I dont think its going to be an issue. I sympathies with Cavs fans though. If Kobe left LA i would be destroyed. The only thing the Cavs needed was coaching, they had all they pieces on the floor to win a championship. I cant blame Lebron though, Miami women and weather and a Fatty paycheck? Life is good for the King

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
They will definatly be the most entertaing team and probably the hardest to match up against (even with the lakers size). I dont think this will automaticlly get them rings though. I have seen dream teams lose in the olympics to much less talented teams. They will also definatly have to have some decent role players yet at well. Even if they all score 25 a game, and play defense they need another 25 points a game from somewhere and chemistry. I agree though it will definatly be an interesting year, Lakers will have thier core, plus Boston and Orlando still have thiers, this is no cakewalk. On an off note i hope people dont forget this is D-Wade's team, he won them a ring already and played his brains out there since he has arrived. He is a great player and seems like a really good kinda guy. I already hear talk of it being LeBroward county and what not now, but as far as im concerned its still Wade's team.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Gonna be fun to watch for sure. Might even get me to watch a few games this year. Even though this is a 'Super team', Kobe and the Lakers are still the top dogs in the league and will always be until someone else proves otherwise.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree... it is still and always will be Wade's team. I hope its Miami and LA in the finals and I want to watch LA ash them.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
if they can play as a team together the heat are going to be tough. should be interesting to see if Lebron can secure a ring or a few

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The way I see it this will only Give the Lakers More Motivation. Most don’t know the Lakers unless you follow them but they were accused of being Bored last year just wanting to get through the season to hit the playoffs…hence many consecutive loss streaks during the Season. Then when the Playoffs started and got challenged the Lakers upped the Level of Play where most thought were they should have been during the regular season but it was really Cleveland and Lebron that got the focus and we know how that turned out. :wink:

Now, this year and next Kobe and Company will still be underdogs for most because of Lebron and his Company. I feel I know Kobe so much because I never miss a game and seen him grow since he was 18yrs old.

I guarantee if Kobe and Lebron meet in the Finals he will take it as a NEW challenge to take down what some will call a Super Team…..Kobe needs to be challenged and loves to fight them. :wink:

With that said, even with Lebron I still feel the Lakers can match up and accept the Challenge. REASONS WHY:

1. Kobe is still Kobe and a defensive Master along with being a Scorer
2. Miami now has Bosh but don’t forget the Lakers never had a Healthy Bynum and many say WILL be the Most Dominant Center soon when Bynum is healthy.
3. Ron Artest, yes him…he almost beat the Lakers alone taking on Kobe when with Houston so I think he knows a thing or 2 how to Challenge a Superstar...not only that, but now that he has his ring he must feel part of the team now like no other time(no pressure this year replacing Ariza). I think he will bring back that fire he had in Houston.
4. L. Odom- when he plays good the Lakers rarely loose..he had a off playoffs, I don’t see that happening again.
5. The Spaniard- Gasol, some say, and I would not disagree/argue that but that he should have been the Finals MVP

So, all this Hype of top 3 in Maimi……….well I see 5 good reasons to believe the Lakers could REPEAT....could add more like the Coach is back too.:wink:

:mrgreen:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
1. Kobe is still Kobe and a defensive Master along with being a Scorer
2. Miami now has Bosh but don’t forget the Lakers never had a Healthy Bynum and many say WILL be the Most Dominant Center soon when Bynum is healthy.
3. Ron Artest, yes him…he almost beat the Lakers alone taking on Kobe when with Houston so I think he knows a thing or 2 how to Challenge a Superstar...not only that, but now that he has his ring he must feel part of the team now like no other time(no pressure this year replacing Ariza). I think he will bring back that fire he had in Houston.

:+1::+2: Right on the Nail! I just put it like this The Lakers wont be the same team it was this last season They will be on fire and ready to take action on any team :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
So, all this Hype of top 3 in Maimi……….well I see 5 good reasons to believe the Lakers could REPEAT....could add more like the Coach is back too.:wink:

Blue you know me from past NBA threads, i usually speak it pretty straight how i see it. I think you make some very good points, and the Lakers are the one team for sure that could take Miami down. I do worry about Bynum, people keep saying when he is healthy, we he never really has been. Unfortuantly big men in the league tend to have those troubles a lot.

Your other point that i had to quote, made me think. I wonder if Riley would come out of retirement again to coach these guys up?? Thoughts............

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blue you know me from past NBA threads, i usually speak it pretty straight how i see it. I think you make some very good points, and the Lakers are the one team for sure that could take Miami down. I do worry about Bynum, people keep saying when he is healthy, we he never really has been. Unfortuantly big men in the league tend to have those troubles a lot.

Your other point that i had to quote, made me think. I wonder if Riley would come out of retirement again to coach these guys up?? Thoughts............
Yes I do know you from the other Thread you always make good points :thumbsup:

As far as Bynum his injuries this year was not related to the original one that made him absent when they first played against Boston 2 yrs ago. I believe because of his talent no GM in their right mind is going to send him off YET as damage goods, he is so young you almost have to keep taking a chance because it's an ends to a means like hitting the Lotto. Also, he is trained by the Player with the most Points EVER in the NBA...no not MJ but Kareem. There is just to much investment in Bynum to give up, and even playing hurt against the Celtics he still put a Hurt on them. :wink:

As far as Riley, not a bad Idea...when Riley Coached with many talents in LA and Maimi he is a winner...he knows what to do with Talent. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
this is wat i think, lebron went with miami to win a championship & with the tallent over there i think he has a good chance exspeaciually with pat rilley bein the head coach...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts