Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
idk, I do at least 8 track days a season and
as long as someone doesn't hit me, I'm ok with any pass.

If I scrape or bounce off someone I'll defiantly stop in the pits
and apologize.

Just ride faster and less people will be passing you. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Meh, no harm no foul... Wipe the sand out of your vagina and pick up the pace or drop down to a slower group or if he's in the wrong group then complain and have him bumped up.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
If I was already one of the fastest guys on the track as you claim to be and someone passed me with that much disparity in closing speed I would be begging him for pointers not chastising his close pass which didn't even so much as make contact with an arm or leg let alone rub paint.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Its simple. I go to trackdays and people listen and ask me for pointers.
Then i talk on this zx10 forum and get muppets like LDH .
If that was your first time on slicks, you're probably not as fast as you think you are.

Finally got my shit together and did a trackday at snetterton in the uk.
First time on slicks and first time out with mupo shock.
Sounds like you're a trackday hero that got his ego busted and you came to the wrong place to look for support.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I read your reply posts before you deleted them and fair enough. I'm not doing trackdays in the UK so I do not know exactly how things are over there in that regard, but I am a seasoned rider in the USA having worked as a Lead Instructor doing 50+ events every season for years on end, Test Rider, Moto-Journalist I've pretty much done it all including putting on my own trackdays.

Yes of course they would say something to the rider that passed you. It would no doubt be a liability issue for them not to regardless and I have said this before... 20 years ago if you were at a trackday you were a licensed racer trying to get some additional practice or testing time. Now it has become a family recreational activity and any average joe with a couple hundred dollars and some leathers can go ride on the track every weekend. What's worse is we (the promoters) shove the safety speech down everyone's throat so much that everybody thinks that we have now removed the inherent danger of riding at excessive speeds on two wheels and now if an accident does happen then there absolutely has to be someone to blame for it because this activity is supposed to be "safe" out there.

I'm sorry you felt threatened by the faster rider in that video. It must be very traumatic for you and I hope that with years of therapy and counseling you will eventually be able to come to grips with it. I would also like to start a petition for Safe Spaces at all tracks in the UK now so you will have a place to go when something like this occurs. No rider should ever have to feel that another rider got too close to them out there on the race track. The senseless damage that did not occur to you or your bike is an absolute travesty of justice and you will be avenged, oh yes you will be avenged!

·
Registered
119 Posts
You may want to do some soul searching before heading back out to the track..

Usually people getting this worked up about passes don't fair too well.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I dont know what to say really with comments like i get from you lot in the us.
Is it something the uk did to piss you off.
Maybe its because we found your country in the first place lol.
Im only joking incase you dont understand uk humour.
Yea my wife is British she has that same smug, superiority complex you have when it comes to which side of the pond you were born in, but she lives in the USA because she makes way more money here, the compensation is easier to earn and she likes shooting guns go figure... She also hides behind that "British Humour" shield too which is about as fake as her tits...

On the positive she never complains about a bad pass, but she has been accused of performing them more than once in the last few years. The guys complaining all basically say the same thing you are. "even though you didn't make contact I don't like getting passed like I am having a picnic on the side of the track, have some respect!"

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont know what to say really with comments like i get from you lot in the us.
Is it something the uk did to piss you off.
Maybe its because we found your country in the first place lol.
Im only joking incase you dont understand uk humour.

Yea my wife is British she has that same smug, superiority complex you have when it comes to which side of the pond you were born in, but she lives in the USA because she makes way more money here, the compensation is easier to earn and she likes shooting guns go figure... She also hides behind that "British Humour" shield too which is about as fake as her tits...

On the positive she never complains about a bad pass, but she has been accused of performing them more than once in the last few years. The guys complaining all basically say the same thing you are. "even though you didn't make contact I don't like getting passed like I am having a picnic on the side of the track, have some respect!"
More like: Having some tea and crumpets!! ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think the reason for all the snappy comments is more directed at track day whiners in general and maybe not so much at you.

This is something you hear all the time, mostly from newbies, he passed to close, he crossed my racing line, etc.

When you hear it in person you kinda just blow it off. Online, in a forum everyone just says what they think.

Instead of taking so personal you should of just said, "Thanks for your opinions guys" (OK, sand in your vagina was a little strong :lol:)

This kind of stuff happens all the time at track days, I'm more worried about
someone taking me out rather then just passing to close or causing me to stand my bike up, hit the brakes, etc.

And it will happen many more times.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think the reason for all the snappy comments is more directed at track day whiners in general and maybe not so much at you.

This is something you hear all the time, mostly from newbies, he passed to close, he crossed my racing line, etc.

When you hear it in person you kinda just blow it off. Online, in a forum everyone just says what they think.

Instead of taking so personal you should of just said, "Thanks for your opinions guys" (OK, sand in your vagina was a little strong :lol:)

This kind of stuff happens all the time at track days, I'm more worried about
someone taking me out rather then just passing to close or causing me to stand my bike up, hit the brakes, etc.

And it will happen many more times.
I agree 100%. When I was still in novice group there was this chick that was constantly whining about people passing her "unsafely". I get there is all different skill sets on the track and bravo to her for getting on the track. But she was so god damn slow and never had a proper line or a consistent line, she was all over the fucking place. After one session she asked if she could move up to intermediate because there was getting passed to much. Blew my fucking mind.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
What did I miss? >:)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
What did I miss? >:)

Not much, some punter from across the pond was whining about another trackday rider who passed him and disappeared like a fart in a hurricane and I was being a dick because the whole thing was pretty ghey.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts