Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She hasn't told me her name yet, but the best I've come up with so far is Atomic SubLIME. I guess I'll call her that unless/until she tells me different. :wink:

Here's the definitions of "sublime". Seems quiet fitting to me. The full throttle "hard break-in" bursts and roll off's/compression braking I done yesterday on her seemed about as close to "going from a solid to a vapor state and back to a solid state" as one could get on two wheels. It includes the color name "lime" which is quiet fitting for the Kawi green. The adjective definition also seems to fit the 10R.

Verb:

Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): sub·limed; sub·lim·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French sublimer, from Medieval Latin sublimare to refine, sublime, from Latin, to elevate, from sublimis
transitive senses
1 : to cause to pass directly from the solid to the vapor state and condense back to solid form
2 [French sublimer, from Latin sublimare] a (1) : to elevate or exalt especially in dignity or honor (2) : to render finer (as in purity or excellence) b : to convert (something inferior) into something of higher worth
intransitive senses : to pass directly from the solid to the vapor state

Adjective:

Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): sub·lim·er; -est
Etymology: Latin sublimis, literally, high, elevated
1 a : lofty, grand, or exalted in thought, expression, or manner b : of outstanding spiritual, intellectual, or moral worth c : tending to inspire awe usually because of elevated quality (as of beauty, nobility, or grandeur) or transcendent excellence
2 a archaic : high in place b obsolete : lofty of mien

Atomic is used in the "atomic bomb" sense of the word...

Function: noun
1 : a bomb whose violent explosive power is due to the sudden release of energy resulting from the splitting of nuclei of a heavy chemical element (as plutonium or uranium) by neutrons in a very rapid chain reaction -- called also atom bomb
2 : a nuclear weapon (as a hydrogen bomb)

So until she tells me different or objects to it, she will be called Atomic SubLIME. Thoughts? :mrgreen:

·
PostWhore
13,495 Posts
Here is the definition i got for it....:dontknow:

sub·lime
(adj)

1. Not moving or able to move quickly; proceeding at a low speed.
2. Taking more time than is usual.
3. So as to fall behind the correct time or rate at a low speed.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
king-tony said:
How about envy?

That's what BadAzzGuitarPlyer is suffering from. :crackup:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15