Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well..
It is true!! No top end power is to be gained when switching from a slipon system to a full system. Bike made within .75 HP of each other on the top end. Big gain in the midrange from 5500-11000 RPMs, with a little gain from 11000-12000

GUHL reflashed ECU with 14000 Rev limiter, PCV mapping, secondaries pulled out. Bike is stretched almost 8".

I the prior thread, Brock's was the most accurate in their dyno graphs comparing a stock, slipon and full exhaust.
Grave's showed power gains everywhere, so I don't know the exact data behind their dyno pulls..

The BLUE line was last July 27, 2012, 90 degrees outside. Slipon system

The RED line is yesterday May 30, 2013, 87 degrees outside. Full System

I put up a copy of the barometic data also from last year and yesterday. Almost identical so very little difference in air. Look at the DATES.. not the file names, we didn't change the file names before I took the pictures.

So.. there it is!! :eek:ccasion1

And a youtube video....

Attachments

Reactions: Crazi

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Thanks again for doing the comparison.

·
Registered
108 Posts
One of the better comparisons I've seen where you get the conditions as close as possible when comparing to the previous dyno run. Nicely done man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
is it me or is the air-fuel significantly less consistent with the full system (in terms of making direct comparison). Seems to me there may be more to be gained yet with the full system if the fueling were as stable as with the slip-on......

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is it me or is the air-fuel significantly less consistent with the full system (in terms of making direct comparison). Seems to me there may be more to be gained yet with the full system if the fueling were as stable as with the slip-on......
This maybe true and even the dyno guy said the full system was a lot more inconsistent to tune. We worked out the fueling abit more but it didn't show any significant hp gains.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Good stuff man, thanks for the post.
Rep sent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts