Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know I don't post much, but I do LURK A LOT. I've learned A LOT of things about the Zx10s and whatnot. Definitely a place FULL of information.

Anyways, onto my bike! back in Aug. 2013, I managed to pick up a 2010 Special Edition Zx10R with 497 miles. Bone stock with no issues. I rode it from Aug-Nov. and put close to 4500 miles on it. No issues, and I LOVE the bike. Big difference from the '11 Zx6 I had. From Nov-present, I've torn the bike down and did a TON of mods!

-K&N Race Filter
-PCV
-ServoBuddy
-Racefit Growler Black Series
-ASV Shorty Levers
-Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
-CustomLED Integrated Tail
-CustomLED Flasher Relay
-Racing 905 Race Rails
-MoltenRhok Wheel lights
-Flat Black Vinyl wrapped plastics
-Bridgestone BT-003RS tires

(Not all plastices were done at the time of pic, I will update with new pictures)

Test fitment

tank installed

More pics to come in 2nd post. I should have all of the plastics done Monday and will get the bike on the Dyno for baseline numbers before I do the Racefit install.

...oh, and I'll be reppin' the companies I've got the parts from...plus some others :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Don’t mean to criticize your mod, but IMO that special edition factory paintjob/graphics looked awesome. Why did you black it out?

·
Registered
129 Posts
How do u like the racefit growler black series? Ive got the reg growler & have been thinking about getting the black edition

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t mean to criticize your mod, but IMO that special edition factory paintjob/graphics looked awesome. Why did you black it out?
As much as I love the Special Edition graphics/paint scheme. I'm THE ONLY Green Zx10R that rolls around town on a DAILY basis. Cops start to know me by name. :angryfire: When I had the vinyl wrap done, i told them to wrap OVER the factory stickers. You can still see the factory logos through the wrap, but its a wrap, not intended to be permanent. I'll peel it this winter and redo with a different color. haha

How do u like the racefit growler black series? Ive got the reg growler & have been thinking about getting the black edition
OH DUDE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!! I LOVE THIS DAMN THING. Definitely well worth the $$$. I have NOT heard the Regular Growler in person, so I do not know how much of a difference it is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got a baseline STOCK dyno pull done.

Corrected #s were 154.3 hp/72.4 ft. lbs tq

I have yet to get one with the exhaust/PCV/Air Filter installed, but it's in the works.

and a quick one from the last-minute rolling photo-shoot tonight

I'll get some daytime pictures tomorrow and post them.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
You say you wanted to be inconspicuous, but I'm pretty sure that now you'll be the only one around with glowing wheel stripes, I don't get it?
Did you get the racefit from motomummy? Inside joke lol...

Anyways, great looking bike, I love it! Minus the white wheel stripes...

·
Registered
129 Posts
OH DUDE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!! I LOVE THIS DAMN THING. Definitely well worth the $$$. I have NOT heard the Regular Growler in person, so I do not know how much of a difference it is.
Its the first growler type exhaust racefit came out with. I absolutely love it but the look of the black edition is so killer, kinda like motogp style. Did yours come with a link pipe to eliminate the cat and boom box like mine did?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cant believe how beautiful that LE green paint job was now it looks like a stolen rattle can junker:2bitchslap:
As much as I loved the LE paint scheme, I was tired of Green. It's a vinyl Wrap and I left the LE decals/stickers on under the wrap. So I can just peel the wrap whenever and still have my LE set-up.

You say you wanted to be inconspicuous, but I'm pretty sure that now you'll be the only one around with glowing wheel stripes, I don't get it?
Did you get the racefit from motomummy? Inside joke lol...

Anyways, great looking bike, I love it! Minus the white wheel stripes...
Pretty much shot myself in my own foot eh? LOL As for the Racefit, yeah....I actually did get it from MotoMummy. They were the only ones offering a "combo" deal where I could buy the PCV 260.00

I would've been a fool NOT to do that route.

Its the first growler type exhaust racefit came out with. I absolutely love it but the look of the black edition is so killer, kinda like motogp style. Did yours come with a link pipe to eliminate the cat and boom box like mine did?
I know about the Original Growler, it's the one I was gonna go with but they released the Black Series as I was ready to buy...so I got that one instead. What I was saying is I've never HEARD the Original Growler, so I can't tell you if the Black Series is any louder or not.

and yes, it's all one piece just like the original is...hooks right up to the OEM Header and thats it. Also, MotoMummy up'd their prices for the Racefit. They are a measly 700.00 bucks now, and they also offer the Carbon Black Series as well now. I personally like the look of the titanium over the Carbon. The only downfall is you will NOT be able to use the OEM heatshield.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd paint the pipes black.
Never would I EVER alter the Racefit's design. I LOVE the titanium pipe and how it sounds. It actually looks pretty good overall. I know I catch A LOT of "hate" over the wrap and wheels, but in the end...it's MY bike and I dont care what anyone else thinks!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Never would I EVER alter the Racefit's design. I LOVE the titanium pipe and how it sounds. It actually looks pretty good overall. I know I catch A LOT of "hate" over the wrap and wheels, but in the end...it's MY bike and I dont care what anyone else thinks!

Yeah it's a great looking pipe, it would look so much cleaner if you could get rid of that giant hangar for it though...as for the wheel stripes, I just thought the white doesn't jive too well with the scheme of your bike...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah it's a great looking pipe, it would look so much cleaner if you could get rid of that giant hangar for it though...as for the wheel stripes, I just thought the white doesn't jive too well with the scheme of your bike...
The exhaust hanger is the one that comes with the Racefit pipe. It's either that hanger, or the passenger footpegs.

The Stripes are an "off-white/light neon green" during the day, but at night they glow neon green.

I love the wrap man! A lot better that the LE paint IMO but I just hate green.. What fir the wrap cost you if you don't mine me asking
Thanks, and I have a friend who does Vinyl Wrap for a living. He did my plastics over the winter and charged be for materials. So i ended up paying around 350. He said a normal wrap job would be close to 800ish due to the attention to detail/sharpe angles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts