Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ZX-10ers,

wanted to show you my bike as it is in the Moment. Biggest wish was to make her lighter. My goal was 190 Kg (418,878 lbs) but only got 191,3 Kg (421,744 lbs) right now :frown2:

The tires, Bridestone S21, are a bit heavier than the RS10s. Also the Chain Adjuster, some of the carbon fiber parts (Yes some of them are heavier :angryfire:) and the seat caused problems getting the goal.

Other things like the exhaust, rims, rear frame and lithium battery helped alot. I got two different sets of brake disks, because of the Brembos are so light. But Braking is the same weight in front and lighter in the rear.

One thousand of titanium and alloy screws and small modifications were also helpful.

She got diristricted and the auto blipper is activated. Ram Flap got removed, no active charcol canister any more, PAIR system is removed, Front Sprocket lost two teeth, other rearset and so on.

I was able to save 15 Kg ( 33 lbs) wich I think is alot.

Hope you like her. Feel free to post comments and recommendations,

Maniac_ZX10R

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Seems you are most interested in dropping every last ounce. I assume you also dropped from 525 to 520 chain and went with aluminum rear sprocket? That would get you a couple more pounds if not. Oh, and removing that license plate should drop another 15 pounds. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good work.
Bike looks much better without front sprocket cover, that steel arc is probably already gone.
PilotPower3 tyres are light, but don't know exact numbers.

Und selbst ein paar Kilo zunehmen! :smile2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do mean with steel arc? The thing under the sprocket cover? I don't know what it is exactly for so i left it in place. But carbon sprocket cover is much lighter than the original one.

I don't know if it is legal in germany to drive without sprocket cover. Couldn't find anything concrete about that. But also like the look without one :)

We drive Camaros because they are really good cars. It's a real eyecatcher here, not many of the on the road :) Also got a VW for daily driving ;-)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Laugh about me. Its a parachute for the chain or what do you mean?

I tought it is for catching the chain in case that the chain rips.

Anyone deleted this steel arc already? Problems with the sprocket cover and fitment?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
That steel part in the sprocket cover, DO NOT take it off, it saves the engine case in the event that the chain brakes, have seen it lots of times in racers and street.

could you tell the diference in the rims, stock vs OZ.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I can. The OZs are just 2 Kg lighter than Stock. Even as it is the Gass RS-A wich is much lighter than the Piega.

I can give you exact numbers not just the difference when im back home.

The stock wheel is so light. It is as light as the magnesium wheel of the actual Yamaha R1. Wich i think is awesome.

Thanks for your advice with the steel thing. I tought the same. Better let it in place and Kawasaki knows why they choose Steel instead of aluminum.

Think i'll get a 520 Chain now. Every pound counts.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Im hesitant with the Ti bolts for brake disks....

but from what Im seeing this company makes a quality product.

The best bang for the buck is rotating mass, then mass under the suspension, then just get on a treadmill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.