Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first official form of transportation when I turned 18. I was supposed to buy a car with the 3 grand I had saved. Just couldn't force myself to do it. Had to have a bike. Had alot of chicks on the back of her including my wife. She still looks good for 27 years old, so I'm going to give her some mechanical TLC for Christmas and get her on the road again!

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
nice..... get her back on the road... the first bike i ever went for a ride on was my uncle's cb 750... he is gone but the bike was given to my dad and needs some tlc also since it has been sitting in the garage for years at his house....

·
Registered
335 Posts
That looks really clean! Good luck with it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
sweet ride. you've owned that thing for all this time? Looks great.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Had alot of chicks on the back of her including my wife. She still looks good for 27 years old....
hahahahah :crackup: at first read, that didn't seem right...

this is the bike you had at 18 years old... and NOW your wife still looks good for 27 years old...

cradle-snatcher! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, went to the Honda dealer in 1985 to buy an Interceptor 500. The CB was a left over 82 model with one mile. I said screw the interceptor "I want that." The last time it was tagged was in 1989. I was starting my career, getting married and moving alot. She always moved with us. My wife always said "are we taking your 500lb. suitcase with us." A good friend came up this past weekend for the Devil's Staircase hillclimb and asked if I still had the 750. He helped me clean her up and I couldn't believe how well preserved she was. Not a lick of rust or corrosion. That's it I said to myself, she's on the road next summer.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
^^^memories are the best part. i purchased my '88 yamaha radian in '91 while i was going to college. lots of good times...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I wish I still had my first anything

·
Registered
214 Posts
That is one clean cb. I love UJM's and am doing a KZ1000 myself. I wish it was half as good as your Honda. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
nice looking bike, definitely get her back on the road!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bike looks damn good my man. Shyt I wish I would've been able to keep & maintain some of my old rides. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I just put together my initial list. I'm sure it will change once I get into the project. Let me say I'm really excited to get started and want to be able to put some miles on this baby. So here's the list- [fresh bore,pistons and rings] [ Carbs either rebuilt or replaced] [inspect and replace clutch plates and springs] [rebuild or replace front and rear brake calipers, rotors, pads and brake lines] [replace all cables,wheel bearings, swingarm bearings and steering stem bearings] [new plugs and plug wires] [inspect all wiring and connections] [swingarm and small pieces powdercoated]. Like I said I'm sure there will be things added to the list. I'm going to keep it original as I can.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm going to keep it original as I can.
Good call...thats way too clean of a bike to ruin it with mods! nicest CB i've seen in a while

I would actually suggest trying to find the stock airbox as well. My best friend had a '79 cb750F, and went from stock to pods. He never got it tuned just right. He ended up going back to stock because it actually ran better.

If the pods helped at all, they were good for maybe 1 or 2 hp waaaaay up top (not even noticable), but the hard starting and poor midrange cancelled out any gains they gave.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea Chubbs it did the same to me when I went to the pods. I have the stock air box and if I decide to stay with the pods I'll have to get some smooth bores to tune it correctly. That means more cash. So I am leaning towards the stock air box with stock carbs. I forgot the front fork seals and oil. The rear shocks need to be inspected as well. I thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200.00 bucks maybe less and alot of elbow grease to get her back in tip top shape.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts