Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i will be posting pictures tomorrow... so my wife and i went for a friend in my parents plan... she improved 150% so we moved on from the target parking lot... well, i taught her the basics of what to do and what not to do.. well there was this other biker coming towards us as we were going around a bend around 15mph and she freaked out because she thought he was going to hit her.. so she grabbed the hell out of the front brake and down she went on the left side!! so the left footpeg and shifter, gone.... the turn signal gone... left side faring damage...left sideview mirror cracked.... clutch lever and bar end weight scratched... pictures tomorrow

my wife is ok... im just glad she had her riding boots on... the rear foot peg landed right on her ankle!!!.. she some road rash... and of course she feels down and out!!!

her first road rash(just to her left arm):

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
glad she's alright... now buy her a freakin' jacket dude no one ever want to see rashed tits I sure you don't either.
:iamwithst...right on with the jacket and glad she is alright. Hope she isn't too bummed and get's back in the saddle right away. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
she has a jacket... she didnt want to wear it because it was too hot out... i never win an agruement with her

·
Registered
164 Posts
Glad to hear she is ok. Well good news is she got her first one out of the way right? She should go through a MSF Basic Riders course if she hasn't already. Then again some people are just made to sit on the back. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
her MSF isnt until the end of the month.. she couldnt wait to take it out... but at least shes not affraid to get back on it

·
Registered
835 Posts
Glad to hear she's (more or less) OK......I learned the same lesson last summer....
It's never too hot for a jacket!! Got the scars to prove it....
Get her a nice armored textile.... And major props to her for gettin' out there!!:thumbsup:

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Let her know everyone goes down. Trust me its much better with a leather jacket. I slide across the track at 60 yesturday, What a ride. :lol:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
she has a jacket... she didnt want to wear it because it was too hot out... i never win an agruement with her
Live and learn, it's never too hot to have your skin peeled off by asphalt. At least she wasn't going fast.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Glad to hear she is ok. Well good news is she got her first one out of the way right? She should go through a MSF Basic Riders course if she hasn't already. Then again some people are just made to sit on the back. :mrgreen:
Forget all that she needs gear stuff that is a given now, or glad she's back on the saddle stuff, this is the best Posts as if she had taken the MSF they do front wheel braking exercises and this may have helped her on the street....yes everyone could go down but can't help to feel in this case it might have helped in this situation if she took the class.:badteeth:

:+1: with the other members glad she's ok :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
perhaps this will be one she'll realize on her own that a sweaty jacket is far better than rashed skin oozing fluids requireing HP baths.

BD

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Like all the others I am glad your wife is okay, a little seat time and MSF could help avoid this alltogether next time. Never hurts to be wearing that gear though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts