Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down during a track day on July 11th and had my bike land on my right hand, smashing my pinky and ring finger knuckles, fingers, palm, etc. The paramedics thought for sure it was broken and the doctor (once I arrived via ambulance to the hospital) was talking pins and plates. Once the X-rays came back we were all shocked to find no broken bones, fractures, etc, but I will still need months of occupational therapy to regain full usage of my hand. Now, just over a week later, I've completed my first race weekend. I was able to push through the pain, work with the limited movement and grip strength in my right hand and come away with a top three finish in the longest race of the day. :) Pain is no match for passion.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! :) I wish I had gotten the shot in better lighting but I got what I could :) I can't wait for Gron4 to post up the event pictures.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Way to go! Had to be cooler up at Blackhawk than it was at Hallett this past weekend! :) It was over 100 degrees both days at race time. Waaaaaay to hot for a fat old man to be racing! :) I did lead about half of Saturday's race though before I tuckered out (ended up 4th). Congrats on your race!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Way to go! Had to be cooler up at Blackhawk than it was at Hallett this past weekend! :) It was over 100 degrees both days at race time. Waaaaaay to hot for a fat old man to be racing! :) I did lead about half of Saturday's race though before I tuckered out (ended up 4th). Congrats on your race!!
Thanks TDH! It was awful and humid 95-ish with heat index raining on and off. One thing I'd also like to share, with you specifically, is my belly pan. :eek:ccasion1

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts