Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has any one had the chance to put a decent amount of time on a new sgxr 600? Im not trying to get flamed here because theres no comparison to my 10r but for the past week ive been riding my friends 08 while hes been working (commercial fisherman) and i can honestly say this is an awesome bike. Im quite impressed with how well it handles, it turns absolutely effortlessly and stops like nothing ive ever ridden before ( i know i know brake upgrade time for my 10r), and its great to ride around town (highway isnt as pleasant as my 10). I like it so much im actually considering buying an 06 or 07 to hang out in the garage with my 10r :thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
How was the width? I owned an older one, but I haven't thrown a leg over anything newer than an 06. I saw an 08 or 09 at my last trackday and for some reason it looked really wide up near the front. Like it had a transverse V8 mounted up there.

Speaking in general terms, any year GSXR 600 is a pretty damn impressive track weapon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to me width where it really counts which imo would be the tank area between your legs was nice and narrow comparable to my 05 10r. as far as the new 6r i would love to ride one but unfortunately the money situation isnt going to allow the purchase of an 09 any time soon, im looking at 06-07 gsxrs.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
it must be a great bike, they are always getting good reviews.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
Had an '07 GSXR 600 for a bit and loved it. If I was to get another 600 it would be the '09 ZX6r tho.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I personally don't like 600s but they do handle well. Out of all the 600s I have ridden I would say the 07 R6 is my favorite. I'm always willing to ride different bikes because I love motorcycles period, not just Kawis, but Kawis do happen to be my favorite.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally don't like 600s but they do handle well. Out of all the 600s I have ridden I would say the 07 R6 is my favorite. I'm always willing to ride different bikes because I love motorcycles period, not just Kawis, but Kawis do happen to be my favorite.
kawis are indeed my favorite also but im ALWAYS willing to ride something new, its exciting and i like to know whats out there. i rode an 07 r6 once for a very short period of time so i cant really say how it handled although im sure its good but power/power delivery was a complete turn off and made me want to get off asap. could have been that particular one though im not sure, its definetly possible it needed a tune since it had a gytr slip-on and a cat delete.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
2 reasons why I don't like the GSXR'S. 1) I CAN'T stand the tail design 2)The front blinkers drives me nuts 3) It's not GREEN!!! Okay that is 3 reasons.

·
Registered
540 Posts
kawis are indeed my favorite also but im ALWAYS willing to ride something new, its exciting and i like to know whats out there. i rode an 07 r6 once for a very short period of time so i cant really say how it handled although im sure its good but power/power delivery was a complete turn off and made me want to get off asap. could have been that particular one though im not sure, its definetly possible it needed a tune since it had a gytr slip-on and a cat delete.
:lol: @ "turn off"! I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I step on a 600 it feels like a turn off, guess Im just used to the power of 1000s.

The R6 I rode was stock and for a 600 it was cool, better than the same year suzuki and honda. Never did step on a zx-6 though. I like to try new bikes but it has to be in the same power range as what I currently have, dont want to downgrade. the last couple weeks I've been eyeing the KTM Rc8, shit I want that bike so bad! I seen it before but didnt care too much for it but now it's grown on me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2 reasons why I don't like the GSXR'S. 1) I CAN'T stand the tail design 2)The front blinkers drives me nuts 3) It's not GREEN!!! Okay that is 3 reasons.
really? im actually a fan of that tail and the front blinkers can be fixed by a set of mirror block offs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
to me width where it really counts which imo would be the tank area between your legs was nice and narrow comparable to my 05 10r. as far as the new 6r i would love to ride one but unfortunately the money situation isnt going to allow the purchase of an 09 any time soon, im looking at 06-07 gsxrs.
have you thought about possibly a 675?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Has any one had the chance to put a decent amount of time on a new sgxr 600? Im not trying to get flamed here because theres no comparison to my 10r but for the past week ive been riding my friends 08 while hes been working (commercial fisherman) and i can honestly say this is an awesome bike. Im quite impressed with how well it handles, it turns absolutely effortlessly and stops like nothing ive ever ridden before ( i know i know brake upgrade time for my 10r), and its great to ride around town (highway isnt as pleasant as my 10). I like it so much im actually considering buying an 06 or 07 to hang out in the garage with my 10r :thumbsup:

Loved my 05 636... I would give the liter bikes hell on that thing... 172Indicated which means you gotta do the 180+ to get away and don't let off...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts