Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
sweet, nice writeup...... just finished working the bugs out of my kit. Waiting for my machinest to hand over my new ignition/bearing support cover.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Great step by step write up. You were one of the lucky ones. Hope you get to enjoy it soon.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Very nice write up! Man I'm itchin for one of those badboys!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very nice write up man with loads of info. Kit looks like its top quality I really like the plenum. Grats on a sick bike

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Very nice write up.

That ZX10RSC decal is a nice touch. Has a good ring to it- RSC.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tire company stock? no, but....

I figure I'll save front rubber at the expense of rears, and I did pick up a tire changer/balancer last year.

Anyway, it's like mileage....not the reason I bought the bike. Actually, the opposite of the reason I bought the bike.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Awesome write up. How much is one of those kits btw. I remember when the protoype mock up was documented on the site, very trick kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got in early...

So I got the discount price... 3800-3900 or so. Cheap if you think about 2 g's for just an exhaust system that'll add, what-10 hp? Plus, I knew it'd be an exclusive thing. I have an amazing toy.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Wow, add this kit to Blue Max = "Winning"
Anybody wanna lone me 4K?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fantastic writeup Bob -- very thorough and well written. This was a particularly tricky kit to design as the bike is so tight in so many areas, and the fact that you were able to install it by yourself, in your garage, makes me feel good. Congrats, and definitely go out and enjoy it as soon as you get the chance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Toro, thanks SO MUCH.

Yeah, I'm loving it.

Even now, just waiting for the legendary Seattle rain to let up a bit so I can go for a spin.

The install manual is fantastic. Great job. Can't believe the tolerances, the plenum, the hoses, the crazy crank connector....hell of a design triumph.

Speaking of Triumph, I have a Rocket Three with it's twin plug, low compression motor just crying for forced induction...... Also, the ECU has been hacked and you can simply change the parameters for free. Waiting....

OK, I guess I'll just have to play on my ZX-10rSC for a bit.

Thanks again. You make one hell of a quality product. Kudos.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts