Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost bought an Aprilia swing-arm, but decided to go for broke. Instead, I bought a 1992 VFR750 single sided swing-arm from a friend for cheaps and ordered all the bearings to make it work. While I was waiting on bearings, I went ahead and painted it satin black - much better IMO. Once the bearings came in, I mounted it up and measured for spacers. I cut down my rear wheel spacers and now everything is now lined up perfectly. I now need to make new shock mounts, but now have to wait for a shorter 929rr shock to arrive. Till then, I have a strut mounted so I can roll it around. I'm also waiting on my new wheel to get here. Its a 17" by 7" Konig wheel with a +38 offset. Until it gets here though.. I'm rockin a 14" donut spare off of a Civic. What cha think?

Spare swing-arm comparison with new VFR unit:

Instalation Pics:

Here is a terrible camera phone video. I'll make a better one soon - before I mount my new wheel. That way, I can blow the tread off the donut first. :crackup:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Dude, that is gonna be so PIMP when you're done. I love that look. Hey when you're finished, let me know how much to fabricate another one?

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
That looks awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
wow thats awesome. cant wait to see it with the new wheel. that is some serious offset.
tell me you tried ridin it with that civic wheel...crazy

major props for going for it w this...

·
Registered
167 Posts
GC!!!!
i just gotta tell you that....................

we all hate on you:mrgreen:

sweet as usual

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that wheel looks like it goes to a side car! if it all straightens out it will be nice!

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
I love everythig about your bike and its very unique. But I dont think your exhuast fits well with the bike.

·
Registered
567 Posts
should have thrown down a fast and furious burnout with that trunk tire. we have seen your bike run and know that it sounds good.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.