Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So guys, after wanting to get rid of the bulky servo motor box in my 07 Zx10r i have come up with a prototype. My dad has helped me with this greatly as he is way more advanced with electronics and integrated circuits than i am. here is the video of it at work.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would need a shit load to make for a new bike lol. but hey, at least i came up with my own design!!!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
oh yea, i hooked my tv to my dvd player what do you guys have on that??

Cool mod man, obviously there isnt too much that hasnt been done on these things already.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Just out of curiosity, cause I do not know, I have never removed it. How much does this servo weigh? Seems just extending the harness so you could move the servo somewhere else would make alot of sense if you absolutely needed the room that the servo takes up, personaly I do not, my PCIII is fine right where its at.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is an old saying that goes like this;

"there is more than 1 way to skin a cat"

But in this servo eliminator case, I don't believe there is more than 1 way to fool the FI light, therefore unless you are willing to show your circuit is different than the schematic shown on Kawi Forums, I have to call :bs: on the statement that you "came up with your own design". Sorry, I dont believe it as I have researched this very carefully.

Put up time.....

Even the schematic shown on Kawi Forums is 100% identical to Ivans circuit, down to even the exact values of the internal components, which leads me to believe someone on Kawi Forums busted one of Ivans open long before I did, but just wasn't willing to admit thats what they did.

So lets see your schematic. My guess is we never will. Sorry, just my .02.

FWIW, even Ivan admitted he paid someone else $70.00 each to design and build his for him. Then justified the $110.00 cost by a 35% mark up.

I try to be fair, Ivans eliminator works great, just expensive, but so are Carbon Fiber wheels.
well, everybody has their opinion, and if i was in your shoes MM, i would prolly call BS too. However, the ECU gets fooled with something much simpler that what the Ivans (and Kawiforums) does. In their diagram they account for the motor by putting a resistor to represent the motor coils. im my diagram the motor leads are completely disconnected. the ecu does not detect the missing motor as long as the other three leads are accounted for. also, my design does not have an integrated circuit. it is just soldered electronic parts.
let me play with it some more and make it pretty. :smile:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lol, yup, something along those lines. its different from the 600rr though. pretty much the same concept

here is how mine looks. i think people with the Ivans part need to get these from me to save room over the ivans eliminator. mine are skinier!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
How-to

So, here is my "secret" to the servo eliminator. before i describe it, please be aware that this will for sure void your factory warranty :lol:

so here it is:

here is how the servo works: a current is supplied onto the motor. the motor turns the shaft that has cables connected to it. the shaft also has a wheel with a rheostat connected to it, so that when the wheel turns the rheostat changes the resistance between the three leads. My original thought was goin to be to use the trigger relays to supply the proper resistance to the leads when the motor is activated. However, before that i decided to see if the simple resistor in the right place would trick the ECU. And even though i thought i wasn't going to work (my reasoning was that the resistance has to vary in a particular manner for the ECU to know that the servo is operational). But apparently the ECU can be tricked with a few resistors.

Here is what i did, i measured the resistance of the rheostat which turned out ro be 5.5kOhm (this rheostat is between black and white wire). Then i looked where the electrode connected to the yellow wire would be when the bike is running. That turned out to be "somewhere in the middle; Closer to the black than white". :wink: So i pretty much connected two resistors in series a 2.2kOhm and a 3.3kOhm. I connected the black wire on the 2.2kOhm side and the white wire on the 3.3kOhm side. The yellow wire connects in between the two resistors. This way the lesser resistor will be between the yellow and black, and the greater resistor will be between yellow and white. This way the ECU can still detect some resistance (within its limits) and not trip.

The MOTOR leads are left completely disconnected. I tried using the 25 Ohm resistor in place of the motor, but the ECU doesn't detect whether its connected or not. So i left it out.

___
Looking at the diagram on Kawiforums i see that it was engineered more "properly" and to closer specs. the current supplied to the motor tells the IC to increase the resistance on the leads till the right resistance is reached. But, if the simpler method worked for me i will try that first.

Also, since my bike is in my living room, and the only way i can start it is if i stick the back of it our of the back door, my servo mod has nit seen any road time. all i did was let it run for a fem minutes and rev in into high RPM. This has not triggered the FI light. But as seen in video, the light comes ON as soon as the mod is disconnected. So im gona say ist good.

As for ruining your ECU, I am fairly confident that it can NOT happen because the resistance is within the range (and very high), and the motor is completely disconnected.

I hoe this helps and eliminated the need to spend 100+ bucks on the servo elim on the market

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so just to sum it up,

Yes you need only 2 resistors. 2.2kOhm and 3.3kOhm (add up to 5.5kOhm). Im pretty sure other resistors (fairly close to these values) should work as well. just remember, ITS SAFER TO GO WITH A HIGHER RESISTANCE THAN A LOWER ONE!

·
Registered
179 Posts
all i have to say is
:ttiwwop:

lets see it without the tape on!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^all your business down the drain...you fell for it..

good shit though...big market and over filler already but still cool...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^all your business down the drain...you fell for it..

good shit though...big market and over filler already but still cool...

i already hired an accountant to count all that cash:crackup:

i figured if its not the fellow riders that can benefit from this then who else?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
how about making a secondary throttle motor eliminator.... my 2 pieces of electrical tape over my FI light is getting old lol....

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how about making a secondary throttle motor eliminator.... my 2 pieces of electrical tape over my FI light is getting old lol....
lol

good point garth. im sure this would be another good mod. I haven't looked at it closely and dont know if there is some kind of a secondary throttle position sensor. if there is none, then replacing the motor should be as easy as putting an appropriate resistor in. Once i check the valves i will take a look at it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts