Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think caused this?
I wonder if the warranty will cover this??
I think I'm try to make her stock again and try my hand at the dealer. :dontknow:

Mods (engine related):
BMC Race air filter
Cats gutted
Secondaries removed
Racefit Growler
PCV
Woodcraft case covers
Custom tune the map that i am running is the 166.68 hp w/76.67 torque

Attachments

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Make it completely stock (put the secondaries back and find headers with cats) and take it to the dealer for warranty repairs. Engine is toast, they will rebuild it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take i need to change the case covers back too?? What about my rear sets should i take those off??
Make it completely stock (put the secondaries back and find headers with cats) and take it to the dealer for warranty repairs. Engine is toast, they will rebuild it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What tha h.... happened with your engine there???
You shoot it with a 44mag or something??

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't think the rearsets will matter. However, you never know, it depends on how well you know your dealer. They better rebuild it or something cause that thing is toast. But like you said I would change any performance mods bake to stock. GL. Keep us posted.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
WTF? is that where the cam chain adjuster WAS?

None of those mods should have caused that unless it was maybe a really whacky map....maybe.

You don't have to change the rearsets back.

I don't really see how they could claim that any of the mods caused what ever happened to happen.

If the dealer isn't helpful and you think it should be covered, try kawi directly.

·
Registered
410 Posts
rearsets will take you 10 minutes to swap out. If you have the stockers, I would put them on too.

Any reasonable person will know that rearsets have nothing to do with this....but i wouldn't even give them a reason to say "it isn't stock". Make it as stock as possible. it just decreases the likelyhood that they will try to pin it on you.

Reactions: MagicMavis

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Daaamn that suuuxxx! That's why I don't even mess with the engine, I just leave it stock. :headshake

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
rearsets will take you 10 minutes to swap out. If you have the stockers, I would put them on too.

Any reasonable person will know that rearsets have nothing to do with this....but i wouldn't even give them a reason to say "it isn't stock". Make it as stock as possible. it just decreases the likelyhood that they will try to pin it on you.
There are laws that dictate what can void a warranty, it is not just up to the dealer or kawi.
They have to be able to prove that the modification caused or contributed to the failure basically.

Though I agree the more stock, the less they may argue, I think swapping the rearsets out is a bit much.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
There are laws that dictate what can void a warranty, it is not just up to the dealer or kawi.
They have to be able to prove that the modification caused or contributed to the failure basically.

Though I agree the more stock, the less they may argue, I think swapping the rearsets out is a bit much.
:+1:

I don't think they could make an argument for anything you've done to cause that. Not even a dramatic lean condition would cause a hole in the block. If they scoff at anything, it will most likely be the case covers. Proves you've had them off, maybe the bike was wadded, had a stress fracture in the motor that it wouldn't have had - you see the train I'm going on. Not saying that's what happened, but they could try and make an argument. It all depends on the dealer, and how they are with Kawi.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
smoked, that sucks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
What do you all think caused this?
I wonder if the warranty will cover this??
I think I'm try to make her stock again and try my hand at the dealer. :dontknow:

Mods (engine related):
BMC Race air filter
Cats gutted
Secondaries removed
Racefit Growler
PCV
Woodcraft case covers
Custom tune the map that i am running is the 166.68 hp w/76.67 torque
If they dont cover you for what ever reason...you'll need this................................
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawa...3575319QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
rear sets don't matter call my man ronnie at freestate he's the mgr good dude been knowing him over 20yrs but the most go back to stock

·
Registered
258 Posts
Before i crashed my 2008 ZX10, at about 3500km on the speedo - the piston rings collapsed.

Bike had Secondaries removed, PCIII, Cats gutted, Racefit Growler.

Warranty claim got rejected because i left the bike as is when i took it to the dealer.

Do not make the same mistake as me!!!!

Put the bike back to factory condition, as in everything before taking it to a dealer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Before i crashed my 2008 ZX10, at about 3500km on the speedo - the piston rings collapsed.

Bike had Secondaries removed, PCIII, Cats gutted, Racefit Growler.

Warranty claim got rejected because i left the bike as is when i took it to the dealer.

Do not make the same mistake as me!!!!

Put the bike back to factory condition, as in everything before taking it to a dealer.
How do you know if the piston rings collapse?/ what does that do?

·
Registered
360 Posts
rearsets and case covers could easily make a dealer think the bike was raced on the track.

I would put it all back to stock...but I don't have 4 grand to give away for a new engine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Daaamn that suuuxxx! That's why I don't even mess with the engine, I just leave it stock. :headshake
:iamwithst:hello:....Dude its gonna be hard to hide that there where some mods made to that engine. You're dealing with kawi mechanics that have seen lots of shitz and dont care to honor warranties that they dont have to.:headshake Good luck with the fix.:wink: Ps, go snoop at a dealership and ask questions about warranty work; modified engines; situation with mods............:cool:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Good luck with everything...ive worked at a local dealer and suggest you put everything back to stock!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts