Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well After getting my ass kicked in valdosta cause i was the only Idiot who actually showed up with an actual street type exhaust I made a few changes

This is how she looked

This is how she looks now. Only 7 passes EVER on the bike considering our tracks are still closed up here. once I get a little seat time on it I think I should be pretty competative.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting better, still figuring out gearing, suspension, nitrous and clutch setups but still manged to click off a few 8.70 passes at 166 I need to go alot faster then that to win though.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Looks good. How big of shot you running?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good. How big of shot you running?
its a progressive box with VERY generic settings right now. when our track opens up we will get the nitrous dialed in. but eventually want to hit it with 100 or more in 4th 5th and 6th so long i dont wheelie the crap out of it. Some real street bikes are trapping 180 :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much clearance did you gain going that route?

What kind of ET gain did you get changing from the OEM oil pan/non-sidewinder exhaust to flat pan/sidewinder?
Well I had 2" of ground clearance with the old setup. with the flat pan and sidewinder The seat height is 4" lower and I still have like 3.75" of ground clearance.

Its too early to tell about the et gain as Im just now getting comfortable on the bike. it did help out a TON on the big end. the bike felt much more stable being that low. When I actually grow a sack and gear it a little more I will be able to leave alot harder.

·
Registered
344 Posts
good luck in rl/st, its going to fast a fast class this year !! your bike looks great maybe i might see you at atco (hopfully with a new zx14)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Well I had 2" of ground clearance with the old setup. with the flat pan and sidewinder The seat height is 4" lower and I still have like 3.75" of ground clearance.

Its too early to tell about the et gain as Im just now getting comfortable on the bike. it did help out a TON on the big end. the bike felt much more stable being that low. When I actually grow a sack and gear it a little more I will be able to leave alot harder.
Wow, getting the seat down an extra 4" and gaining 1.75" ground clearance, that is awesome!

Eventually it will lower ET, if not right away. The lower CG will help alot.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, getting the seat down an extra 4" and gaining 1.75" ground clearance, that is awesome!

Eventually it will lower ET, if not right away. The lower CG will help alot.
no doubt about it man. I just need a little seat time to figure it out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts