Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Micron full system, custom map commander, -2 front, lowered 3" on 2004 zx10r

Best I ever ran 10.2 at 138mph in the quarter, that was near perfect reaction and horrible 60ft (1.89) I don't have a ton of seat time yet but have raced about 30-40 times down the quarter on my 10. A buddy of mine ran a 10.2 then a 10.02 on my bike, said he could get in the nines with a couple more runs but I wanted to save my clutch for another day! He is about 40lbs lighter than me and has raced his Busa tons! He has been in the high 8s on it(BUSA) low 9s w/o nitrous.

Buddy on the Busa, Me on my ol zx6. Don't have any pics on the 10 racin yet.....I'll get some in a few weeks well be out there!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
keep going you will get faster an faster.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:+2: sweet man i am looking to get into the 9s tomm when i go to the track
oh yes I am lookin forward to racing in the next few weeks, My goal this summer is mid 9s. I think I can do it with a little more seat time. long as my clutch can hold out, that seems to take the most abuse when drag racing. Does anyone have any info or knowledge of the best, longest lasting clutch for drag racing?:dontknow:
A friend of mine has gone through 4 clutches on his '06 gsxr 1K in a year and a half.....

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
oh yes I am lookin forward to racing in the next few weeks, My goal this summer is mid 9s. I think I can do it with a little more seat time. long as my clutch can hold out, that seems to take the most abuse when drag racing. Does anyone have any info or knowledge of the best, longest lasting clutch for drag racing?:dontknow:
A friend of mine has gone through 4 clutches on his '06 gsxr 1K in a year and a half.....
That's the problem you listen to your Busa friend who said "said he could get in the nines with a couple more runs but I wanted to save my clutch for another day!"

The stock clutch/OEM is the BEST PERIOD...only other makers on other bikes need to worry about clutch failure most of the time. The ZX10R can take it and I am only on my second clutch with 20k miles and for sure much more passes than you have right now before my clutch went out. So, what I'm saying is just ride the thing and don't compare other bikes to a ZX10R as far as clutch the others can't compare. ......good luck on your times in the future :thumbsup:

bloo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts