Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just can't win.

Lady was driving a Sport Trac and ran a stop sign. My woman had EMS come out and clean her eyes for some glass shards. They gave her a bottle of solution to do it a few more times. Even though I was driving and took the impact I was fine. I was smart enough to close my eyes and look the other way. All-in-all it sucks, but what can ya do?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Glad you are okay dood!!! Good thing you both were in the car and not on the bike!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

It started to sprinkle just as we were leaving so we decide to take the car instead. Guess we made a good choice.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I tell you what you can do, you can sue the hell out of the other driver. And pay cash for you next car......And probally get a new bike out of it.......

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Glad your ok man, and hope all things get settled out fine.

I tell you what you can do, you can sue the hell out of the other driver. And pay cash for you next car......And probally get a new bike out of it.......
Yeah, maybe she is the only parent of 3 children, and she was distracted with thoughts of how she would make the next payment on that Sport Trac or the house payment. Maybe her millionare husband buys her everything she wants, who knows. I'de look into getting some money from insurance, but accidents happen.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah, maybe she is the only parent of 3 children, and she was distracted with thoughts of how she would make the next payment on that Sport Trac or the house payment.
You've got to be kidding us, Right?
One's life choices do not make it ok to hurt someone else. I'm sure there is scripture for that, But I would not know it ...

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
You've got to be kidding us, Right?
One's life choices does not make it ok to hurt someone else. I'm sure there is scripture for that, But I would not know it ...
Thank You.........

Your right, accidents do happen, but they can be avoided too. So I guess it's ok for a woman that ends up killing someone because she was putting on makeup huh :dontknow:

BTW, Elb Racing I'm glad you and your lady are fine, that could of been alot worst. You never know, rather on a bike or in a car.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Guys, Im not saying that she has a right to hurt anyone. If it was out of ignorance, and it could have been avoided, then thats one thing, if it was an accident, thats another. Sueing someone just because doesnt make it right.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
No resposibilty for NOT paying attention and hitting another vehicle? If you can't mange to drive and handle your children, then find a sitter, or have the oldest handle the young uns. I'm not jumping balls deep into "sue that bitch", but she is responsible, and should be held as such. Right GP?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
So sitting around getting fucked by others allows you to gain what in the karma circle? I'm not saying be an asshole or sue the lady, but simply saying "aww it's ok" just doesn't sit rite with me.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
You know what, I totally missed the part that she ran a stop sign. Just went back and looked at that. Still, there may be circumstances that we don't know about. I will say, that I have ran a stop sign and only realized it right when I done it. And Ive been driving almost 20 years, accident free.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Guys, Im not saying that she has a right to hurt anyone. If it was out of ignorance, and it could have been avoided, then thats one thing, if it was an accident, thats another. Sueing someone just because doesnt make it right.
You mentioned that the driver might be distracted.

I will stand by this statement:
Do not drive ANY vehicle on public roads while distracted, For whatever reason.
-You might kill or injure another person by doing so.

If you ignore the above advice, Which is also written law in many states, Prepare to be sued for negligence.

I think that is fair warning. If I am wrong, Please feel free to correct me.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
You mentioned that the driver might be distracted.

I will stand by this statement:
Do not drive ANY vehicle on public roads while distracted, For whatever reason.
-You might kill or injure another person by doing so.

If you ignore the above advice, Which is also written law in many states, Prepare to be sued for negligence.

I think that is fair warning. If I am wrong, Please feel free to correct me.

Good point.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right now, I'm just wanting to keep an eye on our health. We have 10 days to go to the hospital if anything starts to hurt. The stops signs the lady ran were put in about 6 months back. While it's possible she really had no idea they were there, it's no excuse to not see them. I drive all over and never have a problem like this.

Don't worry about it getting off topic, it's a forum and I belong to many of them. :) It almost never stays on it's destined course. lol

Thanks for the well wishes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts