Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm not certain this is where I should post this so feel free to move if need be.

I'll keep it short and sweet. I bought the bike 100% stock with 170 miles on it in Janurary 2012. Not a few days later, the mods begun. Pretty much what you see is what you get. I just installed the 12 over evil swingarm to replace my swingarm extensions. I have had it to the 1/4 track ONE time and made a few passes with it. Couldnt 60ft the bike because it would just stand right up on me everytime. Best pass with a 1.69 60ft with STOCK sprockets was a 9.04 @ 161mph. Keep in mind this is the first time with this bike at the track, stock sprockets and I weight about 155lbs full suited. Next time out I plan to break into the 8's. I'm sure with at least a 1.4x 60ft, the bike will be well into the 8's. Here are some current pictures. Still waiting on my chain and chain guard.

Feel free to ask any and all questions you may have! Enjoy :mrgreen:

The night I brought it home..

Current..

·
Registered
862 Posts
Did you make that shifter mount of buy it? I was going to get material this weekend to fab one just like it, but if I can buy one I may do that instead.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great looking bike. What kind of seat is that and where'd you get it?
A good friend of mine used my stock seat and made that for me. He owns a upholstry shop here in Va Beach.

As for the air shifter mount, It's a pingel bracket. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it works.

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
this may be a really stupid question and im just curious i know nothing about drag racing. But going from the oem swingarm which is fairly thick and looks alot stronger than the one that is on there when your putting more strain on the bike and more HP isnt there an increased risk of that thing snapping? I mean it looks pretty small compared to oems. lol like i said im not sure if the design of it makes it stronger or what just curious

·
Registered
862 Posts
Chromoly steel that the extended swingarm is made of is much stronger than aluminum. And it also doesn't have to resist the lateral forces than OEM arm would during hard corning.

·
Registered
862 Posts
What don't you like about the mount? I've never seen a pingel mount in person, but it looks pretty much like what I had in mind for mine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TiGGi, i ride the bike everyday. I think it looks good as well as serves a purpose. To each his own.

The pingel bracket just mounts the shifter a little spaced out and now its not THAT easy to foot shift the bike. I still can, just is a pain most of the time. Once I get the bike fully back together, I plan to mess with the bracket and try to get the shifter to sit colser to the frame of the bike.

Thanks for the comments guys! Still a long way to go with this bike but its coming together!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Bike looks great. Fuck the haters with slow ass bikes.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I spy, a reason why the bike is going nowhere in the configuration shown :crackup: I take it that you haven't ridden it with that swingarm yet ...

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I spy, a reason why the bike is going nowhere in the configuration shown :crackup: I take it that you haven't ridden it with that swingarm yet ...
With a swingarm like that he don't need no stinkin' chain. :mrgreen: Unless you noticed something else... :smile:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
No rear brake, either, although for a drag-only bike, perhaps it isn't needed. It would fail inspection if ever pulled over on the street, though ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts