Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i just recently got a used 2004 ZX-10 in July, i've just recently started riding it for about 3 weeks now after a few adjustments. Lowering Links (soupys) Kickstand (soupys) and a Two Brothers exhaust. The dude that owned it last had the stock one and rode it with the the muffler, and the flange off so it was just the pipe.

Anyways i got the bike for $3200 with 17,000 miles on it. The bike runs well and mechanically maintained.

The problems:
Track fairings are poorly painted, over spray. One headlight as the highbeam side is not on and is covered with the fairing.

Bottom fairing doesn't fit. Bottom right fairing right hand bolt doesn't align.

The fairings are well worn out as in creases and such. he must've kept it out in the sun a lot.

I'm thinking of just getting some aftermarket fairings, and repainting the rim form white to black. What's the proper way in doing this? The funds are a little low right now so i'm kind of trying to save the money so i can purchase all the things i need at once, but i'd like to change the rim color which i can do myself just need a little advice and pointers (I am a mechanic).

Attachments

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
I think you should certainly repaint it and give it to the shop for a full tune up just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as painting goes that's certainly going to be something i have to look at deeply. I don't want a flat black bike, and i don't know much about painting it with gloss.

The tune up inspection is a very good idea. Any idea on the costs? just to know what to expect.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Have the wheels powder coated if you can afford it.. It shouldnt be expensive i get about $150... both wheels.. If you need more info on Powder coating holla!..
you can also just paint them wont look as good or last long but cheaper..

For the plastic check with site sponsors for a new OEM set.. more $$ but it will fit and wont melt as east as the other crap out there..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of just getting new fairings, and repainting the wheels. The bottom fairing doesn't align on the bottom right hand for some odd reason. but yeah i'm searching and researching parts online, also might get a new high beam headlight if i get some aftermarket fairings.

As much as i want it to be green, i think i'm going to make it black, though it does seem pretty boring. I don't really want to order those fairings that come from China i'm not exactly sure how reliable those are. Anyone got them around here before?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they're based out of Cali, somewhere in Anaheim. I might just repaint it myself and just go on with the 1 bottom right fairing not being bolted on. I might just make it all black and see how that turns out, and just save my love for the kawi green for a future kawi bike.

Also i don't want to make it flat black it just doesn't look like there's no effort put it if i do that. What's your suggestions on painting it? I don't know much at all about that subject.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive heard good and bad from those ebay fairings, if your willing to take a chance (and wait 2 months for shipping) then go for it. Look on craigslist for fairings i see them all the time and ill let you know if i come across some.
I've searched there a few times, could never find anything though except for parts and such. If you find some it would definitely help thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats on picking up a beast of a bike!!! have fun fixing it up and riding the hell out of it :ayyy:

oh yea i would also go with the flat/matte black... it gives it a mean pissed off look :twisted:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey, I remember looking at this bike when I was in Iraq when I was searching for one....Sweet deal brahh, I picked an '04 for $4500 with 15xxx miles on it after I came back a month ago. Your from SD, check out the regional section myself and another member are always cruising around....LMK if wanna have a look at mine I got it flat black...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, I remember looking at this bike when I was in Iraq when I was searching for one....Sweet deal brahh, I picked an '04 for $4500 with 15xxx miles on it after I came back a month ago. Your from SD, check out the regional section myself and another member are always cruising around....LMK if wanna have a look at mine I got it flat black...
Yeah man definitely. I'd like to see how your bike looks. Yeah i'm from SD originally from Hawaii. What branch are you in. As for cruising i'm still trying to get used to the bike, and how it feels. So i'll continue learning for now before i start group riding.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Why is the all black zx10r have two off set headlights? Doesn't look like someone measured correctly

Maybe I need to see if from the front but it doesnt look right

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
its just leaned over on the kickstand but it looks fine to me. Congrats on the pickup man your gonna love this bike its unreal! If you can have someone check it out just to be safe, tune up etc. :welcome: to the board my friend!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts