Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a 125 or 250? Shifter cart right?
Its a 125. Not a shifter. Its a TAG which is touch and go. It has a battery and starter. Its pretty fast. Top speed isn't there with the gearing right now. I believe its 13/82 at the moment so about 65 or 70 with this gearing but it gets there really quickly. It will drift easily with a gentle press on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thats really cool man. I grew up racing micro sprints and then moved into full size sprint cars but alot of guys I raced with ran shifter karts. I don't know if you have been before but there is a track north of Charlotte called Go-Pro which is a kart track but they also run the shifter karts and hold races there. I'm sure there is a class for the TAG karts.

I ran a go-kart on dirt before and it may look easy but people don't realize how smooth you need to be to win. It's all about momentum!

Have fun with it man! Good luck on any racing in the near future!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats really cool man. I grew up racing micro sprints and then moved into full size sprint cars but alot of guys I raced with ran shifter karts. I don't know if you have been before but there is a track north of Charlotte called Go-Pro which is a kart track but they also run the shifter karts and hold races there. I'm sure there is a class for the TAG karts.

I ran a go-kart on dirt before and it may look easy but people don't realize how smooth you need to be to win. It's all about momentum!

Have fun with it man! Good luck on any racing in the near future!
Thanks! :thumbsup: Im not quite that far north but the track in Orlando is only about 40 minutes drive. I also have Ocala, Bushnell and Palmetto all within an hour and a half so Its not to terrible for me to get there. Thanks for the well wishes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts