Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was shopping around for a decent little 4cyl banger up here in alaska (fort wainright, ie: fairbanks) to putt around in before i pcs'ed to my next duty station...when i came across a deal i could not pass up:thumbsup:

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD, crew cab, 4x4 w/ vortec 6.0L, extended bed, 3" ranchero lift, ion 138 polished rims on 33x12.50's. (delta tool box incuded). only 12,194 miles. still under factory warranty. fully loaded & winterized. only $24k:eek:ccasion1

providing all goes well (knock on wood), i should be picking it up by friday.

As a celebration of acquiring a truck i've been lusting over for some time now...rather than have the military ship it and fly home, i will be driving from alaska to georgia in a month or two. should make for a nice road trip and some good photo oppurtunities

The 10 should make it look like a beautiful couple when it ends up sitting in that bed:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
oh very nice!!! and HID's like you know are a must!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Nice looking truck! I will post some new pics of mine after the winter is over and I get it back to the dealer to have them buff it out again. There is a chance they will have to repaint the hood....Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Whats wrong with the Chevy next to it? Get that one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AK10R said:
Yo bro I'm in Fairbanks...... is that the "lemon lot" on Ft.WW?
AK- nah, not the LL...that thing is dead the entire winter...not a single thing in it. that was taken at another building on post. i'm still not taking off for a few more months hopefully, but there's no way i'd ever bring my 10 up here. good choice on the pearl magma though:thumbsup: same as mine

slims- nope, no airborne infantry up here. i'm at Fort wainwright, which is farther north (in fairbanks) than Fort Richardson which is located in Anchorage. the airborne unit is 4-25 based out of Fort Rich, and they were one of the units that relieved us in baghdad this past december. they won't be back for another 8 months i believe.

tread- i'm heading to ft. benning for some more military schools.

dj- that was the only wish i had that didn't come true. no duramax diesel...just the plain ol' 6.0l vortec v8...but still, 346 horses ain't bad....just gonna be a gas guzzler, but i can deal with that.

it's about -20 outside right now...warmed up a little bit. this past week we were hitting temps of -30 to -45 at night. perfect riding wether:beer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts