Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. SO after burping my coolong system and getting rid of the big ass air pocket I was able to take the bike out.

Where do I start?

Well the good news, it looks like the mechancic knew what he was doing. The motor runs just like before. No weird noises, shifts perfect, everything is perfect.

How about the performance of the new mods?

Well I have just done about 500 miles on a bone stock 05 10R over the last few days.

My bike feels nothing like that.

I do not remember being frightned by a vehical since I was 14 and was riding im my Uncles worked Grand Nash...

I cannot grap a handful of throttle in any gear under 3rd.

Just playing in second gear, sharp 1/4 turn of the throttle and the front flew up! Way TOO easy!!!

Spun the rear when I went to pass a slow moving car.

I do not think the 16 tooth is going to stay on the bike for very long.

Brakes -- the last time I rode the bike was the night that I put the Galfer rotors and HH pads on. Later that night I front fliped the bike after grabbing a tad too much front brake. I think I am shell shocked. I am afraid of the thing. With 1 finger I can easily lock the front up at almost any spped (or it sure feels like it will)

So here is a list of what is done to the bike in no special order.

Full Ti Akro Evo 2 exhaust with a carbon can
Scotts Dampner
Giles Rearsets
Galfer Super Bike Lines
Galfer Rotors (front and rear)
HH pads
Kawi High Comp head gasket
Degreed cams
BMC Race Filter
PC3
Carbon - lower, front fender, rear hugger, pipe hanger, triangles, frame covers, tripple cover
Stealth sproket + 1
Some kind (forgot brand) gold chain
Puig Screen

and PMV Wheels 20 spokes on the way!!!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
So the diff between the 2 bikes is significant?? must remember the 16t though.

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
crispin said:
I do not think the 16 tooth is going to stay on the bike for very long.
Anyone else see a trend here? Lots of us who started with stock bikes and slip ons with the 16t cs have decided to back to a 17t cs after adding a full system. The full system makes that much difference on this bike. Personally, I feel +1 rear is perfect, but me, I dun know much.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Yesir Mr Coonasses i does! but i'm not changin back till my current setup is toast, and judgin by last summers paltry 2.5k i may not make it till 08.....FUGG!!

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I was "lucky" enough to get a new chain. Just had to total a bike to get it...

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
That sounds like alotta fun....I hope I can get all those mods on before I total mine f'sho.....

But basically what youre saying is a bloo bike with all those mods is about as fast a B|ack one from the factory? :dontknow:

:zx_blk:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
and neither is close to an orange on 3 cylinders. :crackup:

BD

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
miykl said:
Anyone else see a trend here? Lots of us who started with stock bikes and slip ons with the 16t cs have decided to back to a 17t cs after adding a full system. The full system makes that much difference on this bike. Personally, I feel +1 rear is perfect, but me, I dun know much.
MIKYL, I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS ALL OR EVEN MAINLY FROM THE FULL EXHAUST BUT RATHER THE HEAD GASKET....A FULL WILL EFFECT MID SOME BUT IS MAINLY TOP END, THE HEAD GASKET IS ALL MID....BOTH TOGETHER IS HUGE...

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
MAVRIK said:
MIKYL, I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS ALL OR EVEN MAINLY FROM THE FULL EXHAUST BUT RATHER THE HEAD GASKET....A FULL WILL EFFECT MID SOME BUT IS MAINLY TOP END, THE HEAD GASKET IS ALL MID....BOTH TOGETHER IS HUGE...
I was reffering to my own experience. The custom mapping and with slip on was enough for the gearing to feel too low. On my new bike with it's full system, I have +1 rear and it feels perfect. no head gasket for me.....yet.

Thread jack off.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
crispin, ull get over it soon and be lookin for even more power. Youll see!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Im use to mine, i need moooooooooore.:eyecrazy:

top end, bottom end, big end, small end, i don't care give it to me now. :badteeth:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
my bike doesn't wheelie anymore than before I still have to drop the gas a tad to get the springs moving to get her to ride but she does come up faster.
I have my bike 3mm raised in the rear so I also have more weight over the front so that may be what the difference is. I only have 16/39 gearing not 16/40 gearing also.
The gasket and cams make the bike thrust rather than spin.

Crispin,
does your bike feel like it revs faster now? I swear my bike revs faster than before...nice 5k rpm powerband but it goes threw it too quick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts