Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Toys!
Daniel Defense M4 (Vader)
- The front sight does not interfere with the scope. The thing is getting heavy but not as heavy as my PSL (AK Variant). Need light, bipod and I am set. Sold my XR100 to get this thing and that was an incredibly accurate bench shooter. However, I realized I need a bench shooter so I am going to get an M700 SPS Tactical to finish up my tactical weapons collection (2 AK variants and 2 ARs currently)

Daniel Defense M4
- American Defense Recon - X Scope Mount
- Nikko Nighteater 3.5x-10x 42 Scope

More goodies to come.

WASR 10/63 (AK Variant) - No Pics still finishing it. (Aura)

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
678 Posts
I was just sitting on the crapper reading about the Vadar. I thought about picking up something along those lines

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the MOE hardware. I just got a S&W M&P15 and I love it.
Was looking at S&W as well. Very nice rifles. Always liked the Daniel Defense since it came out though. You know with guns it is hard to stop at a few. Handgun I am looking at is M&P 9mm.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Not too shabby.

I have a POF lower on a Vltor Upper as my house gun, a plain ole' Bushy M4 as my work gun, and once my SBR paperwork gets approved I'll have an 11.5in Rock River w/ CMMG barrel. Aren't AR's grand??

·
Registered
478 Posts
Was looking at S&W as well. Very nice rifles. Always liked the Daniel Defense since it came out though. You know with guns it is hard to stop at a few. Handgun I am looking at is M&P 9mm.
The MP15s are almost identical to Stags. But you get the MOE stuff and a bunch of free mags with it.

I have an M&P 45 acp with ambi thumb safety. It's by far the most reliable hand gun I own. Good ammo, bad ammo it always works. I like the adjustable backstraps too.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not too shabby.

I have a POF lower on a Vltor Upper as my house gun, a plain ole' Bushy M4 as my work gun, and once my SBR paperwork gets approved I'll have an 11.5in Rock River w/ CMMG barrel. Aren't AR's grand??
Yeah, I am mostly AK guns but just got into the whole AR thing. They look nicer that is for sure. My WASR/ AK is my home defense gun and stays next to my bed. It is a 1972 build which is the same year as my wife thus the name Aura. However, I am thinking this and my AK will be home defense in SoCal. My wife will get the Delton AR as home defense in NorCal.

ARs are a grand+ haha:thumbsup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, I am mostly AK guns but just got into the whole AR thing. They look nicer that is for sure. My WASR/ AK is my home defense gun and stays next to my bed. It is a 1972 build which is the same year as my wife thus the name Aura. However, I am thinking this and my AK will be home defense in SoCal. My wife will get the Delton AR as home defense in NorCal.

ARs are a grand+ haha:thumbsup:
I don't care about the look. The ARs are so much more accurate. I like my Yugo built AK though. The Yugos are awesome since they have an RPK reciever that's 1.5mm thick instead of the 1.0 on most of the ROmanian units.

Word has it the Yugos are fetching prices around $700 now :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Very nice. Where is this house in socal? So when shit hits the fan I'll bring my stuff to you and we can hold down the whole neighborhood!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't care about the look. The ARs are so much more accurate. I like my Yugo built AK though. The Yugos are awesome since they have an RPK reciever that's 1.5mm thick instead of the 1.0 on most of the ROmanian units.

Word has it the Yugos are fetching prices around $700 now :eyecrazy:
Never had a Yugo. My PSL has shot well over 4000 rounds to date with no failure and is very accurate. Not as accurate as my Remington XR100 but it can hold a good grouping. My WASR/ AK in WA was a shooter and pretty accurate for what it was. It is not a rifle for grouping but did a great job at 50yrds...I sold it because I moved back down to CA from WA. This WASR/ AK has not been shot yet since I have been in NorCal the past two weekends visiting home and doing house chores.

Am looking at a Yugo but I think the AR bug has me. Want to build up an AR in .308 for bench shooting but we'll see, a Remington M700 with AICS or JAE stock would be better but definitely more $$$.

Definitely, ARs are more accurate than AKs...Though I will say, my PSL and AK from WA went hundreds of rounds without cleaning and no fail or FTE. I'll post pics of the AK when done.

·
Registered
478 Posts
ive got the smith MOE AR, in black, BEST AR that ive ever shot. shoots smooth hardly any recoil, been thru a few thousand rounds and not ONE jam. I havent shot the daniel defense or armalite but ive shot almost everything in between from colt, to dpms, para etc.

I've shot a few. The MP is the best one yet IMO too.

Another great gun to have is a Saiga 12. I'm picking my drum up soon :thumbsup:

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Very nice. Where is this house in socal? So when shit hits the fan I'll bring my stuff to you and we can hold down the whole neighborhood!
HAHA I have a room in Garden Grove and my friend's place in Santa Barbara which has my two dirtbikes. All my rifles but the Daniel Defense and AK are in Santa Barbara. Oh heck yeah, we can hold down the fort...I just got delivery of 1760 rounds of 7.62x54 for my PSL and 500 rounds of 7.62x39 for the AK. Have not bought any bulk rounds yet for the AR though I do have about 80 rounds of PMC. I am prepping for any SHTF stuff or zombies. Plus ammo is cheap right now so I am stocking up.

Sportsmans guide has cheap ammo.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Never had a Yugo. My PSL has shot well over 4000 rounds to date with no failure and is very accurate. Not as accurate as my Remington XR100 but it can hold a good grouping. My WASR/ AK in WA was a shooter and pretty accurate for what it was. It is not a rifle for grouping but did a great job at 50yrds...I sold it because I moved back down to CA from WA. This WASR/ AK has not been shot yet since I have been in NorCal the past two weekends visiting home and doing house chores.

Am looking at a Yugo but I think the AR bug has me. Want to build up an AR in .308 for bench shooting but we'll see, a Remington M700 with AICS or JAE stock would be better but definitely more $$$.

Definitely, ARs are more accurate than AKs...Though I will say, my PSL and AK from WA went hundreds of rounds without cleaning and no fail or FTE. I'll post pics of the AK when done.

Ya I'm in the same boat too. I'd love to have an AR10 of some sorts that ISN'T DPMS Panther stuff.

The thing is that the S12 sort of has me hooked now too. Last time I was at the range all I could think of was that the AR15 was cute, but the S12 is just angry :mrgreen:

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ditch the scope and get an EoTech or Aimpoint
Am a scope guy but am thinking of the Millett DMS which is a hybrid scope with red dot and donut. Heck that scope mount was $180 as it is...May put a cheaper red dot on the other AR but we'll see. I am leaving that AR in NorCal for the wife as a home gun. To many AR and AK build ups and ammo buying going on right now. Shit's making me poor :mrgreen:

See what happens when everything gets upgraded on the 10R and other bikes...Nothing to do but buy/ build guns haha.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya I'm in the same boat too. I'd love to have an AR10 of some sorts that ISN'T DPMS Panther stuff.

The thing is that the S12 sort of has me hooked now too. Last time I was at the range all I could think of was that the AR15 was cute, but the S12 is just angry :mrgreen:
Yeah when I go to the range most have Remys, Savage, as bench shooters and ARs or M14s or M1s. Then I come along with my PSL and people gawk at the fine things I have done to it. It is definitely my favorite gun ever.

Though I will say the smallish recoil of the AR is nice compared to that of the AK and its variants.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts