Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a full m4 carbon exhuast claims it gains 17 hp and 3 1/2 torque I believe it but my friends said they saw me take off and everytime i shifted flames came out. Its flipping awesome for showing off but im wondering if thats gonna b a problem later. If u wanna see the video i can send it to u via text message 408 393 9981. This happens at lower and higher rpms at times but the best part about installing this system is i still havent popped a code or light.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
My M4 ( slip on and mid pipe) loved to throw flames as well. It is a cool show at night....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. A dyno tune and some block off plates might cure it though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have the same on my akrapovic EVO pipes i wouldnt change it for the world!! got it on the rolling road all mapped,it still does it on over run pure class!! oh i done the 6r nissin upgrade on my 10r 07 mother of god its night and day!!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
IF you do not like the popping and flames under decel then check this out......JUST did it on mine this past weekend cause my arata full system was popping pretty good even after a little tuning and now it's all but gone. Thanks Garth!!!!!!

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79926&page=2

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
IF you do not like the popping and flames under decel then check this out......JUST did it on mine this past weekend cause my arata full system was popping pretty good even after a little tuning and now it's all but gone. Thanks Garth!!!!!!

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79926&page=2
Guess I'm missing something there?

Pics and instructions are on page 1 of that thread.

Don't get confused though. If your (OP) shooting flames on every shift, then your map is pretty far off.

This mod. is more for popping on decel and cleaning up the top side of the motor IMO.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Guess I'm missing something there?

Pics and instructions are on page 1 of that thread.

Don't get confused though. If your (OP) shooting flames on every shift, then your map is pretty far off.

This mod. is more for popping on decel and cleaning up the top side of the motor IMO.
It's just the page i saved it on and it still has the pic of the hose that needs to be taken off and capped.........you're probably right about the popping and not flames BUT if it doesn't pop then would there be flames? just wondering since you mentioned it. (OP) can always just go into his map and take away (maybe add but i doubt it) -10 on zero % throttle up to whatever rpm it's blasting flames out as well, just in case you can't do a full blown custom map? Thanks for the correction Tenn10 :ayyy:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It's just the page i saved it on and it still has the pic of the hose that needs to be taken off and capped.........you're probably right about the popping and not flames BUT if it doesn't pop then would there be flames? :lol:No. Just trying to point out that some are worse than others. just wondering since you mentioned it. (OP) can always just go into his map and take away (maybe add but i doubt it) -10 on zero % throttle up to whatever rpm it's blasting flames out as well, just in case you can't do a full blown custom map? Yes, but removing fuel can be harmful if too much is taken out. Assuming he has a fuel management system of some kind. Thanks for the correction Tenn10 :ayyy:

Replied in red.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for comments people I fixed it to my liking

I just bought a power commander V and downloaded the map meant for my pipe. The throttle response was so instant and it sounds cleaner but still has that growl and still shoots flames. I like shooting flames haha

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Does it have anything for Mean Greenie? Quite the flame show, I purposly found the sweet spot for dramatic purposes though, does not do it like this under normal riding.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Reminds me when I had my dual Brock megaphones man I miss them...
:thumbsup:

Does it have anything for Mean Greenie? Quite the flame show, I purposly found the sweet spot for dramatic purposes though, does not do it like this under normal riding.
YouTube- Beet Flame Thrower

1 - 15 of 15 Posts