Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to add before this story to any leos that are in here, this guy was a dick so I could care less haha.

Here in florida tell june 16th, 2009 the vertical mounted tags were illegal, and after the 16th they were not anymore ect. To the point that all leos at the beginning of each year get a book of statues with updates in it what ever. Well 95% of most leos dont ever take into a count that things get passed threw out the year and there are updates!!! Well how about I'm going to work 5 days ago and left early so if I get pulled I have time to get to work ok! Its that bad where I live, the cops/leos are on power trips. heck I'm ex-miltary and a mp at that, still have my id card and padge one cop one time said I was trying to impersonate a civilian cop lol, there bad my way but back to the point!!! I get pulled over going to work and first thing the cop says to on loud speaker is step away from the motorcycle set the key on the seat and remove your helmet LOL!! I could already tell he was a rookie right there, I wasnt speeding or anything so I was doing nothing illegal keep that in mind. He walks up and does his little hand trick on my bike, but keep in mind that I had put the alarm on so when he touched the bike it went off LOL, he almost shit his pants right there haha. But so he says these simple words to me before, I have seen you and this bike before around here, I think you have ran from me before!! Snap right there I got him for profiling!!! So before he could even get to asking me or stating my vertical mounted tag was illegal which I know it isnt but he didnt, I said can I have your supervisor's card. Plain and simple he says the tag is illegal ect, well I handed him my license and registration well why he was at the car I called his captain and told him who I was and that I'm ex-miltary and was a mp on top of being a nco. So basically I said to him, "one of your officers is pulling me over stating that its because he has seen me before and also stating that I have a illegal tag when it isnt." The captain I'm speaking with starts freaking out and says walk over to the officer, hand him the phone!!! I did and walked back to my bike ect, about 5 mins passes he comes back and in one hand is my license and registration, in the other my phone. He said in these simple words," hes still on the phone and would like to speak with you." Well the cop pulled away and I finshed talking to the captain, well basically this is the third time in the last couple months this same officer has pulled a stunt like this trying to pull over a sportbike on bs, hes been written up before also. Well to the end of the story is I got a call yesterday asking if I could write a police report and statement out, so I stopped by and did. The officer is getting suspended for a month with no pay LOL!!! Goes to show that if you know the law better then them your an officers worse enemy!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
great read :thumbsup: i love it when they get called out on their :bs:
dosen't happen nearly enough though :eek:ccasion1

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I hope I didnt over kill the story with it being so long, but I know by tomorrow a couple leos/cops will have read it so I needed to add every little detail LOL. Yeah I doubt any gardens cops will be trying to pull me over anytime soon, or they will be head hunting for me haha...Either way I have a great friend thats a cop and he agrees with me that its a brother hood and regardless if I'm a ex-miltary police officer or civilian police officer we all look out for each other you know, but I guess thats hard to come by now. Most departments dont give a shit about anything anymore my way, all there officers are basically molding the law around what they do where it should be the other way around. When I was a cop I was by the book and didnt pull people over for bs like they do here in florida. Heck they would pull you over if they were behind you and couldnt run your tag while following you, which is bullshit cause they would try to say your brackets holding the tag are obstructing the view of your tag ect..

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just to add before this story to any leos that are in here, this guy was a dick so I could care less haha.

Here in florida tell june 16th, 2009 the vertical mounted tags were illegal, and after the 16th they were not anymore ect. To the point that all leos at the beginning of each year get a book of statues with updates in it what ever. Well 95% of most leos dont ever take into a count that things get passed threw out the year and there are updates!!! Well how about I'm going to work 5 days ago and left early so if I get pulled I have time to get to work ok! Its that bad where I live, the cops/leos are on power trips. heck I'm ex-miltary and a mp at that, still have my id card and padge one cop one time said I was trying to impersonate a civilian cop lol, there bad my way but back to the point!!! I get pulled over going to work and first thing the cop says to on loud speaker is step away from the motorcycle set the key on the seat and remove your helmet LOL!! I could already tell he was a rookie right there, I wasnt speeding or anything so I was doing nothing illegal keep that in mind. He walks up and does his little hand trick on my bike, but keep in mind that I had put the alarm on so when he touched the bike it went off LOL, he almost shit his pants right there haha. But so he says these simple words to me before, I have seen you and this bike before around here, I think you have ran from me before!! Snap right there I got him for profiling!!! So before he could even get to asking me or stating my vertical mounted tag was illegal which I know it isnt but he didnt, I said can I have your supervisor's card. Plain and simple he says the tag is illegal ect, well I handed him my license and registration well why he was at the car I called his captain and told him who I was and that I'm ex-miltary and was a mp on top of being a nco. So basically I said to him, "one of your officers is pulling me over stating that its because he has seen me before and also stating that I have a illegal tag when it isnt." The captain I'm speaking with starts freaking out and says walk over to the officer, hand him the phone!!! I did and walked back to my bike ect, about 5 mins passes he comes back and in one hand is my license and registration, in the other my phone. He said in these simple words," hes still on the phone and would like to speak with you." Well the cop pulled away and I finshed talking to the captain, well basically this is the third time in the last couple months this same officer has pulled a stunt like this trying to pull over a sportbike on bs, hes been written up before also. Well to the end of the story is I got a call yesterday asking if I could write a police report and statement out, so I stopped by and did. The officer is getting suspended for a month with no pay LOL!!! Goes to show that if you know the law better then them your an officers worse enemy!!!

FUCKIN' AWESOME! What agency? Palm Beach Gardens? Please put this ****** officer's name and badge # on here! So when I come across some shit like this, I can simply remind the future officer what happened to another officer for trying to pull the same shit. (It will come in handy as I ride in all 3 counties- Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade)

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm at work but have all the paper work, I have his hole life story at home lol, hes even writting me an apology letter haha. Which they do a lot but still, I feel like framing it LOL. But to answer what department or jurisdiction was I in it was palm beach gardens, and at the end of northlake out by the turnpike ect. But there def. will be a name and badge number on here if you want, I could care less.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
so we have the right to ask for a supervisors #/card...and the cop has to do it?

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, they have to give it to you. I learned that from my friend thats palm beach county sheriff, cause in the miltary asking for a supervisors card is you asking for death lol!!! I doubt any pvt getting a speeding ticket on post would ever want to talk to my lieutenant or captain haha, but here in the civilian world go right ahead if you feel your rights are being violated ect., even get the assholes card pulling you over. I wont lie I have about 6-7 business cards from cops in my wallet just so if I get pulled over I have a name or something before hand or if its the same guy I can talk my way out of it

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
:crackup:

I had a cop tell me I was doing 80MPH on a residential road, strip mall ,cars pulling in and out of stores. I was so pissed I told him "No I was not, that's very dangerouse around this area". He said, well you were doing at least 60 then, i said, no I was not. He says what kind of pipe is that it's loud. I said,:dontknow: It's a factory pipe and very quite. Guy was a greased back hair dude. He walks back to the car gives me a warning... This was when I had my 02 ZX6R bike was bone stock. What a tool that cop was.

·
Registered
916 Posts
OK, that's a funny story, but please give me a valid logical reason for mounting the plate vertically and someplace other then where the manufacturer intends it to be.
and no opinion or BS please... just pure simple logic...

·
Registered
410 Posts
OK, that's a funny story, but please give me a valid logical reason for mounting the plate vertically and someplace other then where the manufacturer intends it to be.
I was thinking the same thing.

It's your bike, you can do whatever you want. But if it gets you pulled over every other week, is it really worth it???

I think I would put it right side up just so I wouldn't get hassled anymore. It just doesn't seem worth it (to me). If it had been a different cop, you may have ended up with a ticket. Go to court to fight it, maybe even pay some fees, maybe even loose and have to pay up anyways.

Best case scenario, you win, and don't pay anything except the 6 hours you had to take off work to go to a courthouse and be frustrated. All of this, because of a tag.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Mocking you: It needs to go where the manufacturer intends it to be :crackup: Ok, pointdexter, go do everything you're told.

You want pure simple logic? I hope I can make this simple enough for you:
1st of all, it's thats person's bike and they can mount anything wherever they want.
2ndly, The purpose of the vertical mount is to clean up the undertail and make it look more slick, which it does, especially if you have your passenger pegs removed (which I have as well). And it goes along the swingarm. The cruiser and chopper guys were the ones to actually do this first with the customs. Naturally, it bled over to sportbikes.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Mocking you: It needs to go where the manufacturer intends it to be :crackup: Ok, pointdexter, go do everything you're told.

You want pure simple logic? I hope I can make this simple enough for you:
1st of all, it's thats person's bike and they can mount anything wherever they want.
2ndly, The purpose of the vertical mount is to clean up the undertail and make it look more slick, which it does, especially if you have your passenger pegs removed (which I have as well). And it goes along the swingarm. The cruiser and chopper guys were the ones to actually do this first with the customs. Naturally, it bled over to sportbikes.
Sure, it's your bike and you can put whatever the hell you want to on it. Put tassles on it, flashing lights, or whatever the hell comes to mind and makes you moist. You own the bike but-

You don't own the road and driving on it is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. Nowhere does it say you have a right to ride/drive on it. And since it is a privilege they can tell you what you can put on it AND what you can have on said vehicle that makes it D.O.T. legal. Doing anything that circumvents those rules makes the vehicle illegal to drive on the roadway. Plain and simple. The states usually make their own rules and regs regarding those requirements, but the Federal DOT has their own too.

Choosing to ignore a particular vehicle rule does not make it irrelevant. It is however reason for a traffic stop, like it or not. I realize not too many people here adhere to all of the rules of their state including myself, but be prepared to be stopped for them when it invariably happens.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Frame that apology letter and post that shit up! :mrgreen: A month without pay is a start...but the guy shouldn't be on the force.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Shoot, I thought the LEO here in Cali. is bad..95% of the LEO here in the central valley don't even look at you unless your speeding (way over the limit) or stunting or doing some wreckless shit..

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
HTML:
frame that apology letter and post that shit up! :mrgreen: A month without pay is a start...but the guy shouldn't be on the force.
HTML:

:+1:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sure, it's your bike and you can put whatever the hell you want to on it. Put tassles on it, flashing lights, or whatever the hell comes to mind and makes you moist. You own the bike but-

You don't own the road and driving on it is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. Nowhere does it say you have a right to ride/drive on it. And since it is a privilege they can tell you what you can put on it AND what you can have on said vehicle that makes it D.O.T. legal. Doing anything that circumvents those rules makes the vehicle illegal to drive on the roadway. Plain and simple. The states usually make their own rules and regs regarding those requirements, but the Federal DOT has their own too.

Choosing to ignore a particular vehicle rule does not make it irrelevant. It is however reason for a traffic stop, like it or not. I realize not too many people here adhere to all of the rules of their state including myself, but be prepared to be stopped for them when it invariably happens.
Right, I know that. Nothing new. And the vertical tag IS not illegal here in Florida. Sorry to get off topic, abe.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Damn it must suck to have to deal with those big city LEO's. But then again I might be spoiled because my sister knows most of the cops therefore most of them know me and it's not like my bike is inconspicous.

·
Registered
373 Posts

WRONG!!!!
Its your RIGHT to TRAVEL not a privilege. Been won it court many times.

CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

It could not be stated more directly or conclusively that citizens of the states have a common law right to travel, without approval or restriction (license), and that this right is protected under the U.S Constitution.

CASE #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

CASE #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

Those are just a few of them. You should check your laws before you speak so freely. But hey its your RIGHT to Speak Freely!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts