Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has been racing the 10 and has gone as fast as 9.70's. Never rode until this summer and has been racing shortly afterwards. Her 60 foots are still in the low 1.70's. So she has alot more to improve and learn. Her weight helps with the ET but most times it spins out of the hole. You can tell in the video she doesnt nail it until about ten feet out and is still in the clutch too long. It spins for a bit. Right click save as please. http://madbeems.com/Untitled_0001.wmv

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
DethsZX10 said:
She has been racing the 10 and has gone as fast as 9.70's. Never rode until this summer and has been racing shortly afterwards. Her 60 foots are still in the low 1.70's. So she has alot more to improve and learn. Her weight helps with the ET but most times it spins out of the hole. You can tell in the video she doesnt nail it until about ten feet out and is still in the clutch too long. It spins for a bit. Right click save as please. http://madbeems.com/Untitled_0001.wmv
Good vid...hey Deths...put some gear on your girl. xmas is coming up :idea:

what other mods besides it being stretched?

and let me know if you want me to move this to the Racing/Strip section as well.:mrgreen:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
nice.what does it cost for you guys to run?live in manhattan and run our little eigth mile for 25$ but we gotta wait on all the cars to run first.7.16 @ 109 is the best i ran,first time @ a legal drag strip.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is it just the video or is the track covered in sand at the top end right after the traps? Good progress for her though. There is no substitute for seat time as I am finding out. It is especially hard at the drags where you get only 45-60 seconds practice every time out. I am surprised that your strip lets her run without leathers at those speeds.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The track is a non sanctioned track. They are pretty loose about the rules. But yeah she wants to get leathers for next spring for safety sake. The track looks like its sandy on the big end but its just old concrete. We usually do test and tune days (Sundays) which are 10.00 to run all day. I think with 60 foots in the low 1.60's she could run a 9.50 on the motor. Her best was a [email protected] Mods are 15/44 520 gearing, extensions and full Akro Evo 2 with the required PC mapping.

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
SUPER K said:
nice.what does it cost for you guys to run?live in manhattan and run our little eigth mile for 25$ but we gotta wait on all the cars to run first.7.16 @ 109 is the best i ran,first time @ a legal drag strip.

Hey Super, is that the track out by the Airport? I haven't been out there in years, but it used to be a quarter mile track when my brother ran his GTO.

Or maybe i'm thinking about the wrong track.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wooki said:
Hey Super, is that the track out by the Airport? I haven't been out there in years, but it used to be a quarter mile track when my brother ran his GTO.

Or maybe i'm thinking about the wrong track.
No its Wichita international raceway. Its on the northwest part of town. Its closed for the year but shoot me a PM if you ever wanna come down to run.

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
LoL,

I might come down in the spring when it gets warmer to watch the runs, but I don't run myself.

Too old, reflexes too slow, bones take longer to heal, etc....

·
Registered
585 Posts
DethsZX10 said:
The track is a non sanctioned track. They are pretty loose about the rules. But yeah she wants to get leathers for next spring for safety sake. The track looks like its sandy on the big end but its just old concrete. We usually do test and tune days (Sundays) which are 10.00 to run all day. I think with 60 foots in the low 1.60's she could run a 9.50 on the motor. Her best was a [email protected] Mods are 15/44 520 gearing, extensions and full Akro Evo 2 with the required PC mapping.
Impressive!

I would consider going to a 16T up front, with her weight she should be able to pick up quite a few MPH. :thumbsup:

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
Impressive!

I would consider going to a 16T up front, with her weight she should be able to pick up quite a few MPH. :thumbsup:
:+1: I was thinking the same thing on the sprocket. Would try to wheelie less out of the hole and gain what little loss if any on the big end.

Please get her some leathers. That asphault is not forgiving at all.

Tread

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tread70 said:
:+1: I was thinking the same thing on the sprocket. Would try to wheelie less out of the hole and gain what little loss if any on the big end.

Please get her some leathers. That asphault is not forgiving at all.

Tread
I race the bike also. Since i outweigh her by 70 lbs i need the 15/44 setup. But yeah she did mph more when it was 16/45 a few weeks ago. Ditto on the leathers.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Maybe air the tire down a little more for her considering shes lighter than you and letting the clutch out a tad slower might keep the tire from spinning. I'm glad shes out there enjoying what you enjoy. There isn't anything better. My wife will go watch, but gets bored after half an hour.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts