Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was out riding in the country today and was running 150 + on the back roads.
I was coming out of a long right hand sweeper and crested a little hill.
And there they were. They were on the right side of the road on some road kill.
1 broke right and 1 broke left. The one that broke left, made a bad decision.
Because I was on top of him before it or I could do shit.
BAAM !!! It sounded like an explosion in my helmet. I took a hard hit on my right hand and knee. Glass shattering, feathers every fucking where.
Blood spit and ass all over the damn place. I did not realize how much a fucking big ass buzzard hurts when you hit them. My knee and hand hurts like a MOFO.

Here is the video I took after stopping.

http://youtu.be/vtHcwnxWi8E

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Lmfao fuck birds I had a cardinal kamikaze my Durango, shit was hilarious

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell me about it.
That was one big ass bird man.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did the same thing with a pigeon but, was only doing about 125 (was late for work one morning). I got covered in guts/feathers. It looked like a purple chicken was tossed into my lap since the impact knocked every feather off that winged rat. Busted my windscreen, hit me in the face and shoulder and I was not one bit pleased. Threw his dead ass into the road and kept going. At least I got there on time.

HAHA! One of the next videos to automatically load up after watching yours is this one... How appropriate!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm lucky I didn't end up like Joker when he hit that one in Florida and ended up in the hospital all fucked up.

I was trying to get as small as I could on the bike.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey SubDude, how are you getting the video to post up and not just the link?
Can you tell me how to do it??

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Glad your ok sorry bout your ride, but I kinda get a chuckle when I think of a bird goin poof, in a cloud of feathers.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad your ok sorry bout your ride, but I kinda get a chuckle when I think of a bird goin poof, in a cloud of feathers.
I know right, I wish someone would have been behind me with a gopro camera and caught it. I would love to see that video.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You know what the last thing to go through that birds mind was ...... His ass!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Oh bollox, sorry mate! You have a little bit of work to do on your bike now, but at least you stayed upright, that's the important thing.

I once hit a pigeon at 120+ but it was a very glancing blow off my helmet, I heard his claws across the top of my helmet. Sent him I a spin into the hedge at the side of the road.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Birds don't like me.one flew in my window on the highway right into my head flapped a bit and just dropped.scary sit

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad your still with us.

Let me know if your interested in a full set of 05 oem green plastics in immaculate condition. Located over in nola.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Glad you're ok mate!!

The little fugger did some damage. The bike took it well actually, it could have been worse...Check headlight tabs.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
I'm lucky I didn't end up like Joker when he hit that one in Florida and ended up in the hospital all fucked up.

I was trying to get as small as I could on the bike.
Thats what I was thinking Don. I hate that it happened man but Im also really glad your ok Bro'. That could have been bad right there.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Glad you're ok, that could have turned out much worse. Considering the speed, the damage is minimal. Unlucky and lucky at the same time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts