Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garth285 convinced me to do a few things to the bike. So far the head has been decked and a new race cam was installed. also installed block off plates and removed the sceondaries off of the throttle bodies. Installed a full system AKRO and BMC race filter. Removed OEm bodywork and installed Hot Bodies bodywork. More to come. Thinking about BAZZAZ tuning and ECU reflashing.

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
i'd keep it simple with an ECU reflash....then you can still say it's all "stock" parts....also maybe all short stacks too....

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Whats up guys.... I work for "Tinyturbo" at Broward Motorsports of Palm Beach and lucky for us our brand new dyno hardware came in yesterday and today. So as we are working on the trailer that were putting the dyno it I hooked everything up to check it out. Put a test bike on there, a 230 enduro and push a glorious 15hp lol....

We also have a BONE stock 04-05 ZX-10r at the shop that we want to dyno tomorrow to do a comparison on this dyno's readings but we got some nice numbers out of the bike today.

Mods on the bike are:
Akropovic full Titanium system
BMC Race air filter
Secondary throttle system removed (including shafts)
All short velocity stacks
08 Race intake cam/stock exhaust cam degreed
kawi .50 thin head gasket and head decked 10 thou.
Also cleaned up the intake rubber boots but no real porting

I wasnt able to pull up the torque reading but it made 170.99hp UNTUNED!!! We dont have a bazzaz or PC3 on her yet so were going to tune it up and see what kinda numbers we get as well. Pretty decent considering stock they are supposed to put out about 145-150hp.

Bike is really coming along nicly and cant wait to see it finished!

This is what I do in my down time with my Gen 4 lol....

Photo below is a screen shot and dyno is a dynojet 150 with SAE correction.

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
but you know full well numbers are numbers.....once you get a baseline on the stock 10 then you'll know the percentage gains.
But if it is relative, then those are some nice stout numbers.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Yeah for sure. I'm gunna put the stock 04-05 on the dyno today and well see what its supposed to run. Well see if this dyno is close to other numbers, from what I've seen they make 148 to 153 stock :dontknow:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Well we did a baseline run on stock 04-05 zx10r. did 150hp right on the dot! So pretty close to what stock 10rs do.

so 20hp gain from all those mods is pretty decent!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
UPDATE to this post. After some tweeking here and there and more runs on the dyno we pulled 176hp and 80ft lbs. :)

A bone stock 05 zx10r pulls 152hp so a 24hp increase over a stock bike seems pretty damn good to me.

We still have to tune the bike as well!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
updated pics

Got the bodywork back from my buddy. Just painted satin pearl white. Waiting on the wheels. Will post more pics soon.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts