Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend had an 04 telefonica replica g1k. He got hit by a truck in an intersection. Hes ok, now. The insurance co. gave him $15k for his bike and all the mods. He bought an 05 g1k last week. Its going to be a rizzla replica. He called to tell me he bought a nitrous kit from mps. Dual nozzles, 2/ 2.5 lb. bottles both with pressure gauges, 50 hp jet, dual purge with blue leds, so he can be pretty and go fast. Over $700 for the kit. Must be rough.

·
Registered
330 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Must be rough.
Very :lol: I have to say.. before i bought my Ti 10 a couple of months ago i was very close to buying an 05 silver/black gixxer 1k

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
1killer1liter said:
My friend had an 04 telefonica replica g1k. He got hit by a truck in an intersection. Hes ok, now. The insurance co. gave him $15k for his bike and all the mods. He bought an 05 g1k last week. Its going to be a rizzla replica. He called to tell me he bought a nitrous kit from mps. Dual nozzles, 2/ 2.5 lb. bottles both with pressure gauges, 50 hp jet, dual purge with blue leds, so he can be pretty and go fast. Over $700 for the kit. Must be rough.
lucky guy, right up to the point of being hit by a truck in order to get the new bike in the first place...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That bike should fly when he gets done.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hes my only competition in reno. His telefonica g1k had an akra evo 2 f/s, mps nitrous kit, pcIII.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention that both bottles come with bottle heaters. They will be mounted on the bike at the same time.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Hes my only competition in reno. His telefonica g1k had an akra evo 2 f/s, mps nitrous kit, pcIII.
Looks like a "money race" coming up. Get the bike mapped for the spray and represent.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got it mapped for the nitrous right now. I only have a 35 shot in it. He will have a 50 shot in his. him and I go round and round. I used to kill him on his 04 g1k N/A, but he would kill me with the nitrous. I'm looking into a bottle heater and a pressure gauge right now. Those carbon fiber bottles are badass. WAY too damn much $$$$ for me though. $311 without tax. Its 1/2 the weight of a regular bottle. Maybe for x-mas.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He also says that my 10 is the hardest pulling 10 he has raced. There are a few here in reno.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I've got it mapped for the nitrous right now. I only have a 35 shot in it. He will have a 50 shot in his. him and I go round and round. I used to kill him on his 04 g1k N/A, but he would kill me with the nitrous. I'm looking into a bottle heater and a pressure gauge right now. Those carbon fiber bottles are badass. WAY too damn much $$$$ for me though. $311 without tax. Its 1/2 the weight of a regular bottle. Maybe for x-mas.
So, what are you running Sat.? Can you do both setups in Sacramento? Oh, by the way, the weather forcast has just changed. It's going to be 70deg. with a chance of rain, I'll take that chance, will you :wink:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We'll see how it looks fri. evening. I can do both setups right now. Its mapped for the nitrous all the time until I get a palm pilot or laptop.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1killer1liter said:
We'll see how it looks fri. evening. I can do both setups right now. Its mapped for the nitrous all the time until I get a palm pilot or laptop.
Well, I hope you don't buy a laptop or palm pilot for Saturday, but if you have a USB drive put the maps on that, and maybe someone else might have a laptop that you can use out at the track to change setups. If you don't have a USB drive then come to my house first with a CD and I can put them on a USB drive, or you can even come to my house to change setups if you want. Bottom line...prepare for both and I will help out with the Electronic stuff so you can try both setups and get your time with your different setups Saturday.:wink:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have a map for N/A. I'm just running the nitrous map for now. I gained 2 hp with the nitrous map N/A. Maybe its the ticket to the 9s.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Oh, now your worried about weight? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not really. But after you said that, it got me thinking. I want to stick to kawasakis theme of reduced weight. so I looked into it. This is what I can afford right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts