Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the eye doctor.. Aparently for the past week or so I have had trouble keeping my eye open b/c there was RUSTING METAL in it!! The fuckin guy had to yank it out with a tweaser and then drill the rust out with a metal brush attachement on a dentist type drill.. Serves me right I guess for waiting a week. Moral.... always use goggles. I had metal in there and had NO IDEA..

·
Registered
903 Posts
njssli22 said:
Just got back from the eye doctor.. Aparently for the past week or so I have had trouble keeping my eye open b/c there was RUSTING METAL in it!! The fuckin guy had to yank it out with a tweaser and then drill the rust out with a metal brush attachement on a dentist type drill.. Serves me right I guess for waiting a week. Moral.... always use goggles. I had metal in there and had NO IDEA..

Fun aint it!
Been there done that. When I was 18-19, I drilled a lot of holes in cast iron at work. The last time I went to the eye doc to have the stuff drilled out, he ruded me out and told me I was going to ruin my eyes if I didn't knock it off.

I'm still stubborm about a quick grind or wire wheel here or there and just squinting.

Your right, where the goggles....

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i did something very similar a few years ago but i knew it was in there and went to the Doc right away and he used tweezers of some sort to remove it as well.

BD

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I got an ember in my eye at a structure fire a few months back. Ems tried to flush it out but couldnt. Ended up taking me to the doctor for him to remove it. Getting anything in your eyes sucks big time. What tops it off is i had to go take a piss test and breathalyzer because of it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
njssli22 said:
I know the feeling! I had the same thing happen to me when I was in the military. I had to wait a couple of weeks to see the Dr. because we were out to sea :bitchslap

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Had some close calls to, years back ran into a piece of steel, yeah hoe the fugg did I do that???? Well won't tell how it happened as you guys will laugh your asssses off, any way sitched up the side of my face 30 odd stitches and missed my eye by like a ball hair, okay I supposed glasses wouldn't have helped maybe a helmet yeah. Then a while back welding under a trailer without goggles and woke up at like 2am with no eye sight, shit looked like I was walloped good and solid for a couple of days thereafter. Sigh ...............feel the pain!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
njss, I feel for you bro'!
Don't know what it is about my eyes, but I swear I can have on safety glasses, goggles on top of them, and a face shield over it all, be up wind blowing at 30 knots, two blocks away and still get something in my eyes. Lucky me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
S.ga.rider said:
I got an ember in my eye at a structure fire a few months back. Ems tried to flush it out but couldnt. Ended up taking me to the doctor for him to remove it. Getting anything in your eyes sucks big time. What tops it off is i had to go take a piss test and breathalyzer because of it.
what was the drug testing all about? :badteeth:

I've had to have a few things pulled out of my eyes but I've always know it was there and went to the doctor that day. I still don't wear safty glasses very often but when I know the sparks are gonna really be flying.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
god damn!! drillin in your eye!!!! not my cup of tea!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
A couple of years ago I worked for FORD in one of their reman plants where we did the tranny's. Guy was hitting a roll pin with a output shaft and hammer, chip came off of the output shaft and hit me in the eye. Felt like someone punched me, when I turned back around the guy with the hammer about dropped dead and as I went to grab my eye he grabbed my hand.

The splinter from the output ahaft was in the hair part of my eyelid and was starting to bleed. I ever had saftey googles on but it went up under them. They say it missed my eye by about a mm or two.

I would say the drug test was because it was a workplace accident and OSHA requires them anytime there is a accident maybe.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Damn!! Reading this thread makes my eyes hurt!!!!!!! Glad you didnt lose an eye!!!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
You can all laugh but riding up the street at about 10mph from my house with the visor up and a bug hit me right in the eye. scratched my cornea (sp) had to go to the ER felt like someone stabed me in the eye with a pensil for like three days. A few days later I was better. Woke up a few months later had the same pain in my eye. Had to go to the eye doctor. He said the bottom half of my cornea looked like swiss cheese and he had to use a spade to scrape my eye smooth. I've broken bones before and this takes the cake on pain level. All this cause of a damn bug......

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
matt_Rad73 said:
what was the drug testing all about? :badteeth:

Anytime you have an accident, no matter what it is you have to be tested working with the city. Like stated above it prbably has to do with osha guidelines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts