Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took down the King of The Track to win my first Wally. I double entered into two classes when I learned that there would be a King of The Track Wally race. I entered in street bike and pro. I made it to the finals in motorcycle but my shifter malfunctioned and I lost. I also made the final in pro and beat a dragster. I had to race a super-pro dragsters first round, a sportsman 66 Chevy2 wagon secound round and a top eliminator dragster in the final. It was an unbelieveable night.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I took down the King of The Track to win my first Wally. I double entered into two classes when I learned that there would be a King of The Track Wally race. I entered in street bike and pro. I made it to the finals in motorcycle but my shifter malfunctioned and I lost. I also made the final in pro and beat a dragster. I had to race a super-pro dragsters first round, a sportsman 66 Chevy2 wagon secound round and a top eliminator dragster in the final. It was an unbelieveable night.

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
pardon me for asking,whats a Wally? wall trophy?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congrats on your win and yes it was done on a second gen Kawasaki ZX-10R. Man that's a once in a lifetime WIN. Winning a WALLY Trophy is very, very hard and rare and difficult feat !!!! WOW

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
pardon me for asking,whats a Wally? wall trophy?
From NHRA.com
The Wally: Drag racing's most prestigious trophy

At just more than one-foot tall with a classy brass finish, he stands on a solid wooden platform and is the most sought after man in the world of NHRA Full Throttle drag racing.

Be warned: He is elusive. Only the very best can catch him.

Affectionately known as a “Wally” in honor of the late NHRA founder Wally Parks by the thousands of NHRA competitors who seek it, the trophy has taken on a life of its own, and remains one of the single biggest motivators for high-performance enthusiasts from the smallest one-car garage in Kennebunkport, Maine, to one of the sport’s most sophisticated centers of technology and engineering in Yorba Linda, Calif.

It is the ultimate quest for every drag racer, from the weekend warrior Super Street competitor to the 7,000-horsepower gladiators in Top Fuel. When they do earn one, they cling to it with great passion because they know there’s no guarantee they’ll ever win another one.

“It’s obviously an award all the drivers covet,” said five-time NHRA Top Fuel champion Tony Schumacher. “Not so much for what it is, as for what it represents. I’d like to grab a bunch of them before I’m done.”

Such is the goal of every driver. However, many have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars chasing the dream, only to be denied time and time again.

For many drivers the chase can become an obsession.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Very cool....

Thanks for the Wally info,and once again Congrats!

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I rather have a wally than any of the other nhra summit series trophies i got here at home!!
:+1:

I don't race enough to win anything. I won a huge beer mug once with all the stickers and such on it and $100 another time :lol:...I think the Wally is way out of my reach but would love to have one but it has to be earned unfortunately. :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
where there is a will, there is a way! go get you some!!!!
true that...... I surprized allot of people "including myself" winning the Wally. I had quite a cheering section by the end of the night. Quite a few people liked seeing a bike go as far as I did. Unforgettable night indeed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts