fastest run :
10.381 @ 140.099mph :cool:
average time 10.4xx @ 138.xxxmph
average reaction time: 0.2xx
best reaction time : 0.085

2nd closest times out tonight...

2006 Gsxr1000
10.8xx @ ~ 135mph

i came in 2nd place...and i lost to a fucking semi-pro racer, and just barely...i had a faster reaction time than him too, but that said, he did have a horrible react time like around a .100 :p

anyways...that was the best 15 dollars spent EVER!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Good, keep at it. Drag racing is alot of fun to me. Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
wow, those are freakin awesome for a first timer!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I was thinking about going out there yesterday…to bad I didn’t make it. With those times you were doing we could have had some good races. Which bike took you down? I pretty much know most of the runners out there, just curious who it was.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bluedevil said:
I was thinking about going out there yesterday…to bad I didn’t make it. With those times you were doing we could have had some good races. Which bike took you down? I pretty much know most of the runners out there, just curious who it was.
it was one of the usuals out there, his name is Gary. he was on a god damn...(of all things..) harley davidson :lol: but its bracket racing...so it was only fitting that he would run a more consistant night than a first timer. :wink:

also Mike was out there, and i taught me alot about dragging. i didnt know there was so much to it. basically, my react time were horrible at the warm ups, like .5 and he talked to me, and told me to preload the clutch more and deep stage. brought me down to .085 instantly. lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RickRoush03 said:
wow, those are freakin awesome for a first timer!!!
thank you

rocketracermike said:
you did a great job. your times are dam good for the first time.
and thank you too

ram360 said:
good job, sounds like your hooked.....I'll bet your back every week.
oh you bet. i've already got a few friends that are gunna come with to race their bikes next wednesday :) and i have my first track day ever on june 4th :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
mylegacy412 said:
it was one of the usuals out there, his name is Gary. he was on a god damn...(of all things..) harley davidson :lol: but its bracket racing...so it was only fitting that he would run a more consistant night than a first timer. :wink:

also Mike was out there, and i taught me alot about dragging. i didnt know there was so much to it. basically, my react time were horrible at the warm ups, like .5 and he talked to me, and told me to preload the clutch more and deep stage. brought me down to .085 instantly. lol
Mike on the Busa?...yeah..he told me when I was in the finals with him to deep stage when I was first starting out. I didn't realize at the time how easy it is to red light and I lost the race.

I got him back though another time in a semi-final. He tried to play with me and I took him down. He is kind of a sore loser...but it was sure fun realing him in and passing him at the finish line.:cool:

PM next time when you go out there. If it's not to hot I might be game...I need to buy breathable leathers. :badteeth:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm thinking about taking next wed. off. I could come down and show you guys how its done.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I'm thinking about taking next wed. off. I could come down and show you guys how its done.
I knew you would get jealous...:lol:....come down anytime. Lets show those others a good taste of 10 power.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nice times for your first time out!!! :thumbsup: :helmet: More seat time and those times will continually improve.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'll let you know closer to wed. I'm planning on it though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bluedevil said:
Mike on the Busa?...yeah..he told me when I was in the finals with him to deep stage when I was first starting out. I didn't realize at the time how easy it is to red light and I lost the race.

I got him back though another time in a semi-final. He tried to play with me and I took him down. He is kind of a sore loser...but it was sure fun realing him in and passing him at the finish line.:cool:

PM next time when you go out there. If it's not to hot I might be game...I need to buy breathable leathers. :badteeth:
yea mike with the busa, but he brought out his wheelie-bar bike that night. he warned me about how easy it was to redlight it, but it worked out just fine :wink:
-------------------

i will be there this wednesday (the 31st i think it is) for sure. unless i have to work overtime, but i'd ask to get off early.

btw, what kind of times are possible with a bike with specs like mine...(all stock except the 16T front)?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts